Ratings & Reactions: Southampton v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

277 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/21 at 23:59

1 minute ago, bose said:

Yeah and like I said I love him. He's done wonders for us, there is no questioning that. He's the best manager we've had in, at least, the last 25 years.

Surely we're still able to debate and wonder about this though?

I totally agree with you about the subs thing but I also don't agree with making subs just for the sake of it. 

If somone is struggling then yes take em off, if someone is limping then yes take em off.

49 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Delighted with the 3 points but i rate Smith a negative 50 out of 10 after that.

Prime Bruce shithousery. These players will be dead on their feet in April. Is he planning on working them to death?

Aah go on then, I'll bite.

_50 /10 - I think you may be exaggerating slightly, especially after a win.

Prime Bruce - smith has taken us from midtable to promotion to survival to edge of Europe - comparison to Bruce is no longer relevant. 

Players will be dead on their feet. - they've just had 3 weeks off.

Seriously - I think you make some insightful points, but this is just, well...........

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bose said:

I thought McGinn did very well in the second half, different from the first half when he was more sloppy.

said it in the match thread, think the covid outbreak has had an effect on mcginn his energy levels are well below where they were

1 minute ago, SuperTed said:

Oh look, dirty blue nose scum being dirty scum. 

Everything looks intentional in slow motion and still images. It happened in a second and I don't think there was much in it. 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Everything looks intentional in slow motion and still images. It happened in a second and I don't think there was much in it. 

Nope. Sorry @Davkaus not having it mate. He’s ex-Blues so his intention was to hurt our precious Villa boy there and I won’t hear otherwise. 

Despite the VAR calls going for us for a change the referee is an absolute mug. Jack was constantly fouled in fact in the second half at one point he got clotheslined. There were constantly pulling our shirts then we do far less and get pulled up. 

So in light of that rant dear Southampton, VAR and that bluenose scumbag who stamped on Emi 🖕🏽.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Watch the replay, Adams leaves his boot in, hence the turn of his foot, and tries to disguise it by turning his head.

He could have broken Emi's hand or wrist.

Agreed. At first I thought it was Cash but from the other angle you can clearly see he leaves his boot in.

24 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I totally agree with you about the subs thing but I also don't agree with making subs just for the sake of it. 

If somone is struggling then yes take em off, if someone is limping then yes take em off.

If someone has been shit for 4 games, take them off (Barkley)

• Confused 1

Not a great performance but a great result. Played much better (going forward) against Burnley and came away with nothing. Got nothing against Brighton and West Ham too yet totally outplayed them. Swings and roundabouts.

Enjoy the win. Enjoy the 3 points. We rode our luck, but we were well overdue some good fortune.

I did think Deano should have made some subs around the hour mark, but ultimately we won, so not sure why soooo much negativity. If he had made the changes and we had lost - he would be getting criticised for that too. No win situation really. 

Massive 3 points 👏 

• Thanks 2

Very good referee performance, first time I've thought that in a very long time. 

Martinez MOTM simply down to his incredible saves. Distribution could've been better at times for me but still my MOTM.

Manager performance I've put as average. I was screaming out for changes from about 60 mins. I was sure he would bring Sanson on, however it was not to be. Soton were getting more and more into it, i felt we needed fresh legs. Maybe Sanson is not 100% fit yet. Either way, we won so who am I to criticise. If that equaliser was allowed though the air would've been blue in my house.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

so do you honestly believe traore was anything other than a liability in that second half?

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

Just to recap. VAR only clarified 2 decisions tonight , not changed them. Before VAR the handball would not have been given and the linesman flagged for offside

for the "goal" so neither would have been given. VAR just confirmed that both decisions were correct. No argument really!!

Â