Match Thread: DO NOT LINK TO OR ASK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

limpid

1 minute ago, Five Ken McNaughts said:

Good stuff so far! Here’s an idea for Paul Tierney – if the advantage is over in 0.5 seconds and the offending team then break past the fouled / hurt Watkins, maybe give a free kick, eh? It’s not rocket science. 

I was shouting something similar at my telly. We got no advantage virtually straight away but no free kick and he booked Tarkowski. Very odd

Barkley needs to speed it up, he's guilty of messing far too much with the ball then we lose momentum.

Some great interplay between the whole team at times and we are a pleasure to watch.

We just need that quick 2nd goal then it could be 4 or 5 tonight.

Well played so far, just need SJM to stop looking for the shield 25 yards our from our own goal, nearly lost it 2 or 3 times now. No need for such risky play when we should have the beating of them.

Fantastic first half, some stunning attacking football.

But, I actually think our midfield have been poor. McGinn looks off it and Dougie hasn't been his swashbuckling self.

Amazing to have so many threats though. If Grealish doesn't hurt you, one of another 3/4 can.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Got a bad feeling Burnley will shithouse a draw here

Watkins really has to put that chance away

What have Burnley done to make you feel that way? I'm not denying the possibility, it could and might happen, more curious to know why you're worried though? 

Regard Watkins, you got to give him credit, he's a constant threat. All the top strikers miss sitters, they just are so good at creating those opportune moments it's not detrimental to overall goal haul.

Gosh these analysts are a bunch of clowns.  "Tarkowski's not done his job" well Ross Barkley is occupying him and drags him away from the assailant Mee , then he's in two minds about dropping in or staying in the half space marking Barkley.

How is it only 1-0?! We’ve been equal parts weirdly flat and absolutely electric. Crazy watching a game purring about how good we can be. Hopefully get an early goal second half to settle the nerves. Ref needs to step up on their cynical fouling.

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Barkley needs to speed it up, he's guilty of messing far too much with the ball then we lose momentum.

Some great interplay between the whole team at times and we are a pleasure to watch.

We just need that quick 2nd goal then it could be 4 or 5 tonight.

Well played so far, just need SJM to stop looking for the shield 25 yards our from our own goal, nearly lost it 2 or 3 times now. No need for such risky play when we should have the beating of them.

very much agree with the Barkley comment, hes talented but he dally's on the ball terribly sometimes.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penguin said:

Need more protection from the ref, despite Dyche’s moaning to the opposite. Westwood should have been carded and they are clearly deliberately “leaving one on”, be lucky not to get an injury at this rate.

I think they did that last time to Wesley too. Mee came out after half time and went right through him. I hope they don't do it again.

Just now, A'Villan said:

What have Burnley done to make you feel that way? I'm not denying the possibility, it could and might happen, more curious to know why you're worried though? 

Regard Watkins, you got to give him credit, he's a constant threat. All the top strikers miss sitters, they just are so good at creating those opportune moments it's not detrimental to overall goal haul.

I just see them getting that one chance at the end.

Really need to make sure we score a second

• Like 1