General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's what pisses me off though, ref can't see it but VAR still can't get involved

But dignes left little toe 2mm offside? Get them lines out 

Who wants this shit? 

Human error is part of the game and they are trying to remove it, instead adding more error.

Missed a sitter? That's an error. Roll back the clock 10 seconds, everyone back in position, and try again.

Whilst refereeing in the PL is at an all time low, I must say I thought John Brooks was very good in our game yesterday.

Not only in his decision making, but also in his rapport with the players on both sides. Surprised to see some people vote him as poor and very poor.

On 04/12/2023 at 22:50, Kiwivillan said:

Pissed off hadn't seen non-Villa pundit mainstream or YT mention horrible ref decision for no red card for Semenyo but Mark Goldbridge does here around 4:51 I do rate him, covers us more than mainstream shite

He will say some things for clicks now and again, but I generally find him very balanced and a decent listen. He's more than happy to praise the likes of Liverpool and City, speaks a lot about Villa which is probably to do with him being in the area.

And he's about the closest thing we'll get to a real life Alan Partridge.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, May-Z said:

So was the ref in the Sheff Utd game in mid-week. 

If they were both playing against the same team and both had a ruck of dubious decisions, that would look suspicious....oh wait.

Thats ok.......but mention 12.30 kick offs and war erupts

I guess the discussion about Arsenal's pen can be moved here.

I think both PGMOL and fans need to decide what sort of game they actually want.

Football is a contact sport. PGMOL seem to accept that when it comes to fouls outside the area. They let (IMO) too much go. Watkins is manhandled at least 3 times a game.

But then to randomly change the bar for what constitutes a foul inside the box seems mad to me. The same ref in our game let a lot go, on both sides. Pushes, blocks, trips, even a high boot leading to a knock for Kamara. Yet this same ref is supposed to give a foul for a tap on the foot, which then doesn't even cause the fall? And this is what fans want?

Either everything is a foul or nothing is a foul. Not this nonsense halfway house where nothing is a foul outside of the area and everything is inside of it.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

On 08/12/2023 at 12:10, kurtsimonw said:

He will say some things for clicks now and again, but I generally find him very balanced and a decent listen. He's more than happy to praise the likes of Liverpool and City, speaks a lot about Villa which is probably to do with him being in the area.

My lad had a match in Birmingham few weeks ago and he was there with the opposition team so assume he has a child in the same age group.

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Surely a ban for life and a jail sentence. 

Animal

The guy in the brown jacket that boots him in the face while he's lying on the floor is worse. They both need lifetime bans from FIFA, and yes, hopefully some prison time. 

• Like 1

Â