Newkie Broon Pre Match Thread

rjw63

8 minutes ago, robby b said:

Can someone please explain "Representatives for Wellingborough"? Somebody mentioned it earlier in this thread, I see it a lot on VT but still don't know what it's about. Is it another auto correct thing, like Gresford instead of Grealish? (If so, I guess it may have turned a rude word into something polite).

I though it was the auto-replacement on VT for "word removed", but apparently not!

We have to beat these. They're just a terrible, completely non-footballing side under Bruce.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

It's the auto-replacement on VT for something...

I though it was for "word removed", but apparently not!

Yes, but I have the same question as the OP---what is wrong with people from Wellingborough?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, robby b said:

Can someone please explain "Representatives for Wellingborough"? Somebody mentioned it earlier in this thread, I see it a lot on VT but still don't know what it's about. Is it another auto correct thing, like Gresford instead of Grealish? (If so, I guess it may have turned a rude word into something polite).

it's the villatalk correction for t*sser

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Nigel said:

Bruces teams rarely get battered.  Ill bite yer hand off for 1-0!

same. something has to change for them at some point. just get back to winning ways please villa

So:

---------------------------Martinez--------------------------

Cash-----------Konsa----------Mings------Targett

-------------------Nakamba-----Luiz--------------------

Traore------------------Barkley---------------Grealish

----------------------------Watkins--------------------------

With maybe Ramsey instead of Nakamba and some fair old competition for Traore's spot which could equally likely be filled by Trez or El Ghazi.

Bench gets interesting:

Heaton, Elmohamady, Hause/Engels, Taylor, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Davies, Ramsey, Guilbert.

It's a little unbalanced in terms of back ups.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So:

---------------------------Martinez--------------------------

Cash-----------Konsa----------Mings------Targett

-------------------Nakamba-----Luiz--------------------

Traore------------------Barkley---------------Grealish

----------------------------Watkins--------------------------

With maybe Ramsey instead of Nakamba and some fair old competition for Traore's spot which could equally likely be filled by Trez or El Ghazi.

Bench gets interesting:

Heaton, Elmohamady, Hause/Engels, Taylor, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Davies, Ramsey, Guilbert.

It's a little unbalanced in terms of back ups.

I don't think they'll throw Trezeguet straight back in, especially ahead of AEG whose recent form will, at the very least, have him top of the list to get his opportunity back (assuming AEG's omission is covid related).  I would stick with Traore's nonchalance against an impotent Newcastle but bring on El Ghazi's directness atr some point.  The #8 will be interesting alright. I'm much less sure whether we'll start with Marvelous or Ramsey. I think I might just err on the side of Marvelous but wouldn't be at all surprised with Ramsey. I just think it might be a little too attacking and a little light on the defensive side, and someone like Shelvey could hurt us on his day with a thunderbastard.

• Like 1

Be good if Targett is fit and Trezeguet.

I'd like to see Trezeguet on for ten to fifteen minutes at the end of the game. For me I like both him and Traore and depending on the opposition they both offer us a little difference.

Surely we have to have a fast start and pressure the Barcodes, we must win!

We must come flying out of the blocks for this one. I’m always nervous about games you expect to win - it has long been the Villa way to let you down. 

3 points and no yellow card for Targett or Grealish please!

I'm a bit concerned that I'm too confident for this game. I usually always have a bit of a worry regarding Villa games but there's nothing like that for this. 

Martinez
Cash - Konsa - Mings - Targett
                     Luiz
          Ramsey - Barkley
    Traore - Watkins - Grealish

I'm hoping for a Watkins goal, get him going again 

2 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Yep, I'm in that club. Just get the win.

Hate seeing comments like "we are going to thrash them", "these are sh*t" ETC..  I know fans are entitled to do so  I just fear of it coming back to bite us and making a section of our support look a bit silly.  

They are 5/1 the last time I looked and have conceded 3 or more on 4 occasions, so "on paper" we should win, but I'd take a 1-0 lucky deflected OG winner as we need to get climbing back up that table after 2 unlucky defeats in Manchester (Cheers REFS/VAR!)

Oh yes I'll take a scrappy off Mcginns ass offside goal 1-0 win. 

But the amount of chances we are creating this season is frightening, I certainly wouldn't want to be defending against us at the moment