Newkie Broon Pre Match Thread

rjw63

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Saint Maximin is a very skillful player.

Targett needs to be at it

He is a very skilful player, but I wonder how much energy he’ll have after so long out, hopefully none! 

I don’t really watch Newcastle (why would anyone?!) but I seem to remember that Saint Maximin played mostly on the left in the game at VP last year. I which case he’d be up against Cash if he plays there tonight. 

• Like 3

Targett went off injured last game which was only 3 days ago, do we know if he's fit?

Playing Taylor could cost us the match, in previous games in which we've dominated the ball (because we will today) and had Taylor in the team has led to numerous breakdowns of attacks.

I hope Nakamba doesnt come in for the suspended McGinn either, there is no need to play 2 x DMs against these lot. Play Grealish alongside Ramsey as 2 number 8s.

Drop Barkley to the bench as hes been out for 2 months and looked completely off the pace, can he even manage 2 games in 3 days? Bring him on after 70 if we havent scored yet.

7 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Targett went off injured last game which was only 3 days ago, do we know if he's fit?

Playing Taylor could cost us the match, in previous games in which we've dominated the ball (because we will today) and had Taylor in the team has led to numerous breakdowns of attacks.

I hope Nakamba doesnt come in for the suspended McGinn either, there is no need to play 2 x DMs against these lot. Play Grealish alongside Ramsey as 2 number 8s.

Drop Barkley to the bench as hes been out for 2 months and looked completely off the pace, can he even manage 2 games in 3 days? Bring him on after 70 if we havent scored yet.

I would rather have Mings switched to LB and have Hause in, rather than have Taylor within 50 miles of the dressing room.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Think DS said it wasn't an injury, just fatigued and couldn't manage 90 minutes.

Bruce is in trouble. 

1) He always pulls off a kebab shaped win, dropped on the floor but thank god, it was only touching the pavement for seconds. So he gets his lucky win and can boast about the kebab.

2) He hates our fans because he had to make that pathetic story about never being accepted. So he can use a win to shove it up our support again. He's as bitter as the aftershave he uses. Kebab Number 1 (btw)

So yeah, I am worried.

• Like 2

Very confident about this one. I think the way Smith has his sides play is something Bruce massively struggles with and no Saint Maximin hugely negates their counter threat.

Of course there’s always the chance he’ll shithouse a result but well control the game and create more chances, we just need to take them.

- Looks like the rumours are Saint Maximin will be making the bench today

Edited by penguin

Strangely, Andy Carroll is the only player I’m worried about. He puts in a shift, is technically good and has the ability to grab something from nothing.

As long as our centre backs handle him, we win. 

This really should be a win for us as Newcastle are dire under Bruce. Could be frustrating if we don't take our chances. I fully expect them to sit back from the moment the whistle blows.