Newkie Broon Pre Match Thread

rjw63

39 minutes ago, turvontour said:

When did McGinn get booked, I missed that.

PL website aying he got yellow but I’m pretty sure it was Dougie when he fouls high up the pitch. I don’t think McGinn did get a yellow. The official site does say he did but like anything with the PL think it’s an error

25 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

PL website aying he got yellow but I’m pretty sure it was Dougie when he fouls high up the pitch. I don’t think McGinn did get a yellow. The official site does say he did but like anything with the PL think it’s an error

dougie fouled but mcginn got the booking for delaying the free kick even though we were making a sub at the time. another classic from the officials today

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

dougie fouled but mcginn got the booking for delaying the free kick even though we were making a sub at the time. another classic from the officials today

Ahh makes sense then. I thought commentator made reference to Dougie yellow. 

14 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Ahh makes sense then. I thought commentator made reference to Dougie yellow. 

yeah commentator got it wrong too. didn't know until i saw deano's post match

Barkley has to step up in the next two games, I know he has been injured but it seems his reputation grows the more he doesn’t play. If we are going to buy him he needs to show some consistency not just flashes.

Edited by smg
More thought

Everything I've seen so far this season including tonight points to a comfortable victory.  They are awful and we are not.  I think they will approach us like they would Man City or Liverpool and sit deep and play long balls to Carroll but they have no chance.  We should be fired up after the past couple games.

Judging by Targett's social media post he will be fine for Saturday which is a huge boost as he has been really good. Even with Taylor we should have enough.

Ramsey for McGinn and El Ghazi for Traore please.

Watkins

AEG.           Jack.           Traore

Luiz.      Barkley

Targett. Mings. Konsa. Cash

Emi

If Targett is out then Hause ideally to replace but if he couldn't make the bench today I assume it'll be Taylor over say Kessler or Rowe.

Think that'll be the team. Could just as easily be Ramsey at the #10 with Jack wide but not sure against what will be a battling defensive display for Ramsey to get the start.Suppose a shout for just tonight's team with Nakamba in for McGinn but that feels unlikely.

Also think Chukweumeka or Bogarde will make the bench too which could be interesting If it happens.

• Like 1

I think I would go

El Ghazi--------Watkins-----------Traore

-------------Jack------------Barkley----------

-----------------------Luiz-------------------------

I've missed Jack in midfield.

Tempted to say Ramsey over Barkley just for the extra pressing and then we've got a really strong bench option, but we will be on the front foot here. Two or three times at City we had them pegged back but the full backs were rightly very disciplined and not pushing forward, they'll both be flying v Newcastle.

If we score first, it's over.

• Like 2