Newkie Broon Pre Match Thread

rjw63

35 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Looking at their forum, I have to say I actually feel bad for Newcastle fans. We've been there before. Have a look at their match thread. They're dreading watching their team again. Meanwhile, I'm itching to see us in action again.

Nuh, they were loving our struggles last season and in the championship hope Bruce stays for a decade.

Surely they will have some sort of response against us though. ASM will be back too which gives them some sort of attacking dynamic. 

We need to get back on track, we should be fired up after the latest farce. Anything other than 3 points will feel more disappointing than last night. 4-0 please with Gresford and Watkins back amongst the goals.

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Nuh, they were loving our struggles last season and in the championship hope Bruce stays for a decade.

Surely they will have some sort of response against us though. ASM will be back too which gives them some sort of attacking dynamic. 

We need to get back on track, we should be fired up after the latest farce. Anything other than 3 points will feel more disappointing than last night. 4-0 please with Gresford and Watkins back amongst the goals.

Even with ASM last season, they couldn't do anything but sit back at VP last season and we weren't anywhere near our level this season. They might shithouse their way to a 0-0 like Burnley, but no way they're doing anything in attack. They are easily the worst team in the league which is made worse by the fact that they actually have some quality in the team unlike the likes of Fulham and West Brom and even Sheffield United.

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We need to get back on track, we should be fired up after the latest farce. Anything other than 3 points will feel more disappointing than last night. 4-0 please with Gresford and Watkins back amongst the goals.

Lol, I forgot about Gresford

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Not all of them to be fair, I’ve got a mate that supports them and he was well chuffed for us to stay up and has been texting me when we’ve done well. 
A bit like all fan-bases, you only notice the dickheads, but there are good people there too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Looking at their forum, I have to say I actually feel bad for Newcastle fans. We've been there before. Have a look at their match thread. They're dreading watching their team again. Meanwhile, I'm itching to see us in action again.

Don't you jinx it. 

Can see a prime Bruce shithousery win now 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This is gold

So that's both teams without a manager in the dugout for this game. One will have no influence pitch side, the other is Dean Smith.

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Could easily have been one of ours in prime Bruce times. *Shudder*

We go into Saturday night's game on the back of two defeats in Manchester this year and in the bottom half of the table, having spent so long in the top half during this season. A win from the first of our games in hand will take us back into the top half of the table and into eighth place. Make it so Villa!

Our visitors face us, having lost their last three league games and with the vast majority of their fans calling for the head of their manager (which makes a change from calling for the exit of Mike Ashley, who is rightly even less popular on the Leazes End). They are currently sixth from the bottom and are seven points clear of the third relegation place. A win would bring them within four points of us and level on points with Wolves, but these are gaps that we do not want to see Newcastle closing on Saturday night. On several occasions earlier this season, we had gone into away games needing to win to compensate for dropped points at Villa Park. This time we need to win our first game of the year at home, following two narrow away defeats against the top two clubs in the league table. 

Newcastle last won at Villa Park in 2013 (twice), they drew on their next three visits to Villa Park, before losing 2-0 last season. Overall, we have won 52 and have drawn 37 of the 158 league games, that there have been between the two clubs. Our visitors were unable to play this game in November and this is now only our third game of the month and our second in 72 hours, due to the same reason. Hopefully we will not be missing players due to knocks that they picked up on Wednesday night and that game will not have taken too much out of them. We need to win this one to lift the team again. Winning by a couple would be very nice, but just win it for us Villa!  :flag:      

• Like 2

Can someone please explain "Representatives for Wellingborough"? Somebody mentioned it earlier in this thread, I see it a lot on VT but still don't know what it's about. Is it another auto correct thing, like Gresford instead of Grealish? (If so, I guess it may have turned a rude word into something polite).