Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

He'll have to bide his time. He's not played much for a year or so. I'm sure we'll soon find out if he's good enough or not. 

You could’ve said the exact same thing at any point since the start of his second season with us.

Occam’s razor and all, if he isn’t being brought as a sub whatsoever and isn’t even making any appearances in cup games safe to say Emery just doesn’t rate him either and he’ll be gone soon enough.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

He'll have to bide his time. He's not played much for a year or so. I'm sure we'll soon find out if he's good enough or not. 

Not sure mate nit even getting minutes in the cup or league today thats not a good sign for him

• Like 1

Where would he have been the better sub today? On for Digne and move Young to LB? No. On instead of the more defensively-minded Dendoncker? Not what we needed at the time.

Just because he didn't come on today doesn't explicitly mean he has no future here

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You could’ve said the exact same thing at any point since the start of his second season with us.

Occam’s razor and all, if he isn’t being brought as a sub whatsoever and isn’t even making any appearances in cup games safe to say Emery just doesn’t rate him either and he’ll be gone soon enough.

He’s talked positively about him in practice and gave him his first game time in a year (in which he looked good). Why wouldn’t there be some possibility of a positive ending to this situation?

Edited by Aston_Villan4

13 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

He’s talked positively about him in practice and gave him his first game time in a year (in which he looked good). Why wouldn’t there be some possibility of a positive ending to this situation?

Possibility? Yeah sure there could be a good ending. I just think its unlikely with the circumstances. If a player isn’t making any appearances at all and there’s no fitness issues, chances are he just isn’t favored. And one of them was a cup game where he even played Olsen so lets not act like Emery didn’t want to field anything less than a full strength sixe

Also can we just stop taking the word of managers seriously? Its impossible to know what they’re saying is truly their opinions or them just giving generic answers in order to not rock the boat. Many times the words of managers often contradict their actions. Case in point, Unai was asked about what he thought about Sanson, he’s hardly gonna say he thinks hes **** shit is he?

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Possibility? Yeah sure there could be a good ending. I just think its unlikely with the circumstances. If a player isn’t making any appearances at all and there’s no fitness issues, chances are he just isn’t favored. And one of them was a cup game where he even played Olsen so lets not act like Emery didn’t want to field anything less than a full strength sixe

Also can we just stop taking the word of managers seriously? Its impossible to know what they’re saying is truly their opinions or them just giving generic answers in order to not rock the boat. Many times the words of managers often contradict their actions. Case in point, Unai was asked about what he thought about Sanson, he’s hardly gonna say he thinks hes **** shit is he?

So you don’t think he was honest or serious when he said this?

“He’s done very well in the days that we have been in the training ground. I knew him when he was playing in Marseille when I was in Paris. I think he’s a good player,” said Emery.

“He was injured and out of matches. I think he can help us. Against United, for example, in the last minute, he kept the position he usually plays and his skills were good to help us,” he added.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

3 hours ago, a-k said:

Where would he have been the better sub today? On for Digne and move Young to LB? No. On instead of the more defensively-minded Dendoncker? Not what we needed at the time.

Just because he didn't come on today doesn't explicitly mean he has no future here

Why didn't get minutes against United? Something is amiss with Samson. 

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Gerrard said the same thing when he came in, " everyone gets a clean slate",  he also said he had been impressed with Sansom when Rangers played Marseille. Go figure.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Does he play for Villareal?

Occams Razor? Yeah. Sort of a no-nonsense defender who likes to keep things simple.

Edited by El Zen

Has to be either:

A - He's simply not good enough (I struggle to see this mind)

B - He has an attitude problem, or there's a problem with his mentality

C - Unai has seen he's currently nowhere near sharp enough, and will use this WC break to get him as close to match fitness as possible (Ayesteran should be ideal for this, Carragher (yeah, I know) said he was the best fitness coach he'd ever had) so he can start using him as an actual part of the squad

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Has to be either:

C - Unai has seen he's currently nowhere near sharp enough, and will use this WC break to get him as close to match fitness as possible (Ayesteran should be ideal for this, Carragher (yeah, I know) said he was the best fitness coach he'd ever had) so he can start using him as an actual part of the squad

Despite him not featuring on Thursday, I would’ve said it’s probably something along the lines of option C, however it’s a little bit strange that he hasn’t featured at all since his cameo last Sunday.

I’d say that if he doesn’t feature at all in any of the Xmas fixtures then he’s probably close to the end of his time at the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Gerrard said the same thing when he came in, " everyone gets a clean slate",  he also said he had been impressed with Sansom when Rangers played Marseille. Go figure.

Gerrard also said no one is safe, even McGinn could lose his place and the captaincy if they didn’t play well. We saw how that turned out, I usually ignore scam artists like Gerrard.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Has to be either:

Probably A - Both he and Dean Smith said that he struggled with the tempo and physicallity of the Premier League, then he got injured. Though described as a warrior he is a bit thin and short. He has looked lively in his short cameos, but also a bit weak. Technically and footballing-wise he is probably good enough for a mid table PL-team, physically and mentally the verdict is still out. He is now on his third manager so lets see. My guess is that he on the whole is about as good as what we've seen now, deserves a place on the bench, some cameos and to start a game against weaker teams now and then.

I would have loved to see him in this inverted winger role and see what he could do. Would have been interesting to see him instead of McGinn there, but as we wanted to grind out a result away I can't complain with us playng McGinn there.

Â