Morgan Sanson

Delphinho123

28 minutes ago, pete101 said:

I was kind of in same mind set that it was further down our list, but when you look at the uncertainty over Luiz and city situation and the fact Barkley is looking like a no runner , it's probably a smart piece of business, on the French player situation with us I found myself trying to think back last decent french player we had and was back at ginola , must have overlooked a few

I'd say we have a good recent history in signing French players. Veretout, Gueye and amavi all play for champions league teams. 

• Like 2

Most of wouldn’t have had this near the top of our list but as with Cash the club now knows the needs of the squad far better than us. 

We've effectively played a 4-2-3-1 which puts a big emphasis on McGinn and Luiz to do a lot of work in CM. Playing twice a week for the rest of the season is going to be a big ask for those two. Having a player to rotate without (hopefully) a big drop in quality is very encouraging.

I just hope Watkins doesn’t get injured! 

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd say we have a good recent history in signing French players. Veretout, Gueye and amavi all play for champions league teams. 

They all got us relegated, I'm a villa fan not a champions League fan

• Haha 1

I know nothing about Sanson but I like the idea of the signing from what I'm hearing.

It's just good to be looking at players in the £20 million bracket and not even guaranteeing them a starting spot.

Two years ago we were signing Tom Carroll on loan from Swansea to add to our squad depth.

This is exactly the type of transfer business where for the last 10 years we have been looking at other teams doing it and thinking why aren't we doing that.

• Like 1

Lange all over this one. It might be the first one he's probably brought in through his own analysis etc. 15 million is nothing in PL these days. We live in a world where you can get someone to pay you 20 million for Dominic Solanke. Let that sink in.

7 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I wonder if Ligue 1 were not in financial difficulties then Morgan Sanson might be worth more or even unavailable?

Apparently they wanted closer to 30m in the summer, so would indicate what you are saying.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, pete101 said:

And who was managing us during that period? And running the club? And dealing with settling players down? And who else played for us at the time?

exactly. Just because they were here during our worst period in recent memory, doesn’t mean they weren’t good players.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pete101 said:

They didn't get us relegated. Richards, Lescott, Bacuna and Cissokho did.

We lost our 2 best players. We adequately replaced one but for the other we needed more help than ayew got. He had sinclair as his support. 

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

They didn't get us relegated. Richards, Lescott, Bacuna and Cissokho did.

We lost our 2 best players. We adequately replaced one but for the other we needed more help than ayew got. He had sinclair as his support. 

You can't argue that they successful with the time they had with us , they were part of the team that went down along with players u mentioned, I don't care what they do with another badge on them, the original point was the last french player that was successful with us,

9 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

And who was managing us during that period? And running the club? And dealing with settling players down? And who else played for us at the time?

exactly. Just because they were here during our worst period in recent memory, doesn’t mean they weren’t good players.

Possibly under this regime they might have been great but they weren't and like I said already yes they moved on and proved they were good players that wasn't in a villa shirt so who cares

22 minutes ago, pete101 said:

veretout, amavi and gana were (in hindsight), amazing signings, veretout is plying his trade well at Roma now, Amavi at marseille and Gana at PSG.

the problem wasnt these players, the problem is that we actually bought three gems there, but they were young and we failed to handle them properly, help them settle or adapt, we basically failed really really badly with them........

Maybe Gana could actually be called a success at Villa, as he actually did ok, but the other two just got sold down the river.

Remember we purchased Amavi, Gueye, Veretout, Traore, Ayew (these were effectively "moneyball" signings - aka recruitment team signings), all of whom have actually gone on to do well, but we royally f***ed it up.

lets not forget Sherwood was the one who wanted lescott, Gestede, Richards etc........

we got relegated becuase the club was a basket case, with some very poor players, but i 100% wouldnt include Gana, Amavi & Veretout in the "bad players" list.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, pete101 said:

You can't argue that they successful with the time they had with us , they were part of the team that went down along with players u mentioned, I don't care what they do with another badge on them, the original point was the last french player that was successful with us,

Possibly under this regime they might have been great but they weren't and like I said already yes they moved on and proved they were good players that wasn't in a villa shirt so who cares

you should care (have cared), becuase the fact they turned out so well at other clubs and not ours, points to what was going on our club at the time in terms of it being a basket case club......this should (should have) concern(ed) you.

Â