Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

Match Polls  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/21 at 23:59

What a performance. Those Villa lads went toe to toe with the champions, didn't flinch, and scared the living daylights out of them. Heroes, every one of them. 

And Louis Barry's goal. You could just see when he received the ball he wasn't going to make any mistake. Dig that out. 

And his post-match interview: "I came back to the club I've loved all my life". Can't wait to see him and Jack playing together. 

You did good, me babbies. 

• Like 2

I said in the pre match thread as long as they all have some moments in the game then they'll be proud as will every Villa fan. They had more than a few moments. Yes I would have liked more ball but that comes with having 3/4 men on the pitch with them. 

They're going to hopefully grow in to good professional players who hopefully will represent us in the league one day.

Seeing the praise for the lads from fans of multiple clubs makes me feel really good.

Was watching a Youtube Video from one of the popular Footballing Vlog channels and they celebrated Barry's goal like they were Villa fans. lol

You love to see it!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seeing the praise for the lads from fans of multiple clubs makes me feel really good.

Was watching a Youtube Video from one of the popular Footballing Vlog channels and they celebrated Barry's goal like they were Villa fans. lol

You love to see it!

Would love to see that!

Good God. Utterly thrilled for those lads. Gave a pretty strong Liverpool side a black eye and forced Klopp to send Thiago Origi and Firmino on to pull them away from a bunch of kids who haven't played in ages

That's another moment in history for villa fan's enjoyed the spirit in our youngster's and the determination to do well, it would have been so easy to roll over and admire the superstar's ability and let them play and dominate. The lads gave them a game and scored a goal that anyone from the pool would have been proud of and scousers crying in their drove's about "that barry lad". Football was the winner yesterday and a few babbie's from Brum  made it. 

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's weird isn't it? I was worried I'd be a bit embarrassed and the world would laugh at us.

Turns out I couldn't be prouder and the whole world seems to have fallen in love.

The Louie Barry interview has been watched over 1 million times on Twitter. I think many were behind us last night.

It's a feel good moment against such odds.

• Like 1

I am proud of the boys last night but I fear it now sets a precedent for league. Mourinho is already spouting about this for our supposed game with them on Wednesday.

Although the boys showed a lot of promise yesterday it would be unfair to the club to expect them to compete in the league versus Spurs midweek.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I am proud of the boys last night but I fear it now sets a precedent for league. Mourinho is already spouting about this for our supposed game with them on Wednesday.

Although the boys showed a lot of promise yesterday it would be unfair to the club to expect them to compete in the league versus Spurs midweek.

Different competitions, with different restrictions and different precedents. If they try to make us play after other PL games have been rescheduled, including our own game against Newcastle, we should go down the legal route IMO.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Different competitions, with different restrictions and different precedents. If they try to make us play after other PL games have been rescheduled, including our own game against Newcastle, we should go down the legal route IMO.

BUT WHAT IF SOME PEOPLE ON TWITTER REPLY TO US WITH MBAPPE GIFS?

6 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Honestly thought we would lose by double-digits. Wonderful performance. Hope a few of these kids get an opportunity to play in League 2 or 1 in the second half of the season. Will be fun to follow their journey.

Same here.

Would be good if 3 or 4 can get a couple of first team substitute appearances minimum by end of season. Was particular impressed by Onodi and Revan. Unlikely that either will get a shot in first team this season though given the positions they play.

Loans would be very beneficial too!

Â