Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

I arrived at a football pub in London to watch this about 20 mins late, found a long table and gestured to the guy on the phone, who was sat on one end, if I could sit down. As I settled into my seat I heard a familiar accent saying “yeah Villa look on top in this, we haven’t really got into it so far.”

Somehow I found the only nose living outside Small Heath. He wasn’t shouting at the TV and making grunting noises like you’d expect and seemed relatively human so I decided to give him a break when we scored by celebrating reservedly. Still, couldn’t resist throwing a little grin his way as I left at the final whistle.

• Like 1

I have to say we totally dominated that game but they did defend well imo, the way we played today would of ripped most teams apart, I will say though I expected more of a threat from blues they offered little, I do think the lads really put a shift in for Bruce though I don’t think there was any stopping us today, performance of the season for me and so glad it came on derby day! 

Went to the game yesterday and as my family and I were driving down Electric Avenue, some Villa lads laid Blues kit onto the road and my brother did a wheelspin and ran it over to loud applause...

If anyone was there and took a video, I'd love to see it!

17 hours ago, Xela said:

I do like Gallagher. He were linked with him in pre-season. 

I once liked the look of him as well. He had the choice of joining us or them in the summer and made the wrong decision. I have heard his decision was made because they offered him more money I would like to think getting more games with them might have played a part but I hope he enjoyed his latest defeat as a Nose yesterday! :D

8 hours ago, a m ole said:

I arrived at a football pub in London to watch this about 20 mins late, found a long table and gestured to the guy on the phone, who was sat on one end, if I could sit down. As I settled into my seat I heard a familiar accent saying “yeah Villa look on top in this, we haven’t really got into it so far.”

Somehow I found the only nose living outside Small Heath. He wasn’t shouting at the TV and making grunting noises like you’d expect and seemed relatively human so I decided to give him a break when we scored by celebrating reservedly. Still, couldn’t resist throwing a little grin his way as I left at the final whistle.

You'd be amazed, I saw someone in a Small Heath scarf on the circle line last week.  I washed my hands as soon as I got to work.  There was also a couple when I watched our game with them in London.

Well done on your win, fully deserved, and a great couple of goals.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, fifamad said:

I have to say we totally dominated that game but they did defend well imo, the way we played today would of ripped most teams apart, I will say though I expected more of a threat from blues they offered little, I do think the lads really put a shift in for Bruce though I don’t think there was any stopping us today, performance of the season for me and so glad it came on derby day! 

Harlee Dean is incredibly average. Surprised he apparently cleaned up the player of the year awards at Brentford with the form Jota was in last season.

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Harlee Dean is incredibly average. Surprised he apparently cleaned up the player of the year awards at Brentford with the form Jota was in last season.

Didnt he say that he joined biggest club in Birmingham when he signed or something ridiculous

Who were these young players btw who Cotterill said couldn't handle the occasion or playing at a big stadium?

Stockdale-Played in the premier league and at VP last season.

Jenkinson- Played for Arsenal in premier league, championship league etc.

Roberts- Played at VP last season.

Dean- Played at VP last season

Collin- Same for Brentford.

Kieftenbeld- Regular for them last few seasons

Davis- Same

Maghoma- Same

Gallagher- Scored for Blackburn at VP last year.

Boga- Inexperience in English football but he did play regularly on loan at Granada last year so I assume he featured at Camp Nou and Real Madrid.

N'doye isn't a footballer.

Just strikes me as an out of his depth manager who set them up to defend and when it backfires he just throws in an excuse like that.

29 minutes ago, omariqy said:

They looked really really poor. Their defenders looked like they couldn't kick a ball. Midfield non-existent and don't get me started on Stockdale. Only Boga looked any good.

From games vs them, Davis looks decent though injured early yesterday

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didnt he say that he joined biggest club in Birmingham when he signed or something ridiculous

Maybe he didn't know that Aston was in Birmingham

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

How fat is Stockdale btw? I reckon a better keeper might get fingertips on Hourihane's shot.

You have to question his motivation turning down PL football for Blues...and yes, for the goal the bloke barely reacted and one of the main reasons his kicking was so bad was because he couldn't move to set himself properly. Bloke had a few back passes back to him with zero pace and he still couldn't adjust his feet quick enough to get behind it. He was waddling to a number of them.

Edited by rodders0223

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

They looked really really poor. Their defenders looked like they couldn't kick a ball. Midfield non-existent and don't get me started on Stockdale. Only Boga looked any good.

Boga played like that kid at school who knows he is far better than the others on his side, so he just NEVER PASSES.  As such, I don't think he looked any good at all - he kept completely ruining their attacking chances (and they were so limited) by never looking for anything other than a shot.

It was the most comfortable derby game I've ever watched.  Just barely any nerves really; they were utterly wank.  Normally, you expect a bit of fight from Blues in these games - particularly as they lack quality - but there was just nothing there at all.  So easy.

• Like 3

I actually think it was more us not being clinical. We have largely been very clinical with our chances but yesterday we picked the wrong pass at the vital stage. Hogan was guilty, so was Hourihane and Adomah. Luckily for us we still had enough quality to win it. 

if i had a quid every time my blue nose boss has called me a word removed so far today id be retiring

he's also fuming with cotterill, didn't react to anything villa did, shit subs, left an injured davies on etc which to be fair to him he's absolutely right, his management yesterday was very very poor

Edited by villa4europe

It was men vs boys simple as that.  They could not handle us. I have to say we played pretty well but not our best. We have them opportunities yet it was still comfortable.

But i think they will stay up this year, however with these recent losses they are going to be in a horrendous mess in  next few seasons.

They gambled and failed. Add them to another club than candleface has destroyed 

Â