Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Ryan Woods has actually been on the bench last few games and was a sub tonight.

Dunno if he's lost form or Dean Smith is just doing rotation with his squad.

A combination of "personal problems" and a slight knock he picked up a couple of weeks ago. He came off the bench last night and ran the show. Terrific player in the Brentford set-up but as I've said before I think the key bit is "in the Brentford set-up".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They will stay up, they have a very easy game against a woeful a barnsley at home, and also Burton Albion at home in few weeks. they will stay up just. if **** Sheffield Wednesday didn't decide to hand them 3 points the absolute losers . i bet they wont be that crap against us on the weekend 

On the showing last night, I would be surprised. I know there are other teams around them who are struggling but hearing their fans singing for 20 minutes about it last night, they seem certain they are going down. All the blame is being placed squarely with Cotterill though. 

34 minutes ago, choffer said:

On the showing last night, I would be surprised. I know there are other teams around them who are struggling but hearing their fans singing for 20 minutes about it last night, they seem certain they are going down. All the blame is being placed squarely with Cotterill though. 

They always manage to get jammy and stay up, they should have gone down under lee clark and then Bolton bottled it last minute. Then last year they scraped it as well

48 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Barnsley actually have a very good record there last few seasons, they won 4-0 there last year in Rowett's final home game.

Burton are picking up now and have won their three games v SHA at this level.

I assume you thought they would beat Millwall Dem?

Even if SHA win 3-4 home wins in the run in they will still need to win a couple of away games to be certain of staying up.

Barnsley last year beat us as well at villa Park, they are dreadful this year. Burton still for me dont have enough to stay up. yeah to be honest I did think they would beat Millwall as they have beaten better sides at home 

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Going to be an interesting end to the season down there, does my good friend Bobzy still think they're going to stay up with 35 points? :D

I can't remember saying I thought a team would only need 35 points?!  The only post I can find is...

On 1/3/2018 at 12:50, bobzy said:

They typically do better against the better teams in the league (oddly) as mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

Currently have 7 points out of a possible 12 - only Bolton and Brentford (both 9 out of a possible 12) have a better last 4 game form record outside the top 10.

Reading, Barnsley and Hull are plummeting - although I'd expect Hull to pull clear really.  I think whoever finishes 21st will need 47 points.

...although apologies if I've said somewhere else that I expect this total to suddenly be 12 points lower!

56 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They always manage to get jammy and stay up, they should have gone down under lee clark and then Bolton bottled it last minute. Then last year they scraped it as well

Same could be said of us in our last few seasons in the Premier League. They will fall eventually though and on last night's showing I won't be at all surprised if it's this season. No fight at all, only N'Doye who looked even remotely interested and the rest of them looked defeated from the point the first goal went in. It was telling though, how frustrated their fans were. Resignation and vitriol in equal measure. To be fair to them though (and I say this through gritted teeth) they were entertaining throughout - only one instance of SOTV and the rest of their songs (which were continuous throughout the game) were funny and very much gallows humour.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just watched the highlights of last night's game. Should have been 10-0.

As someone who was there, I'd say that's not far wrong. I think they had one or two good chances but Brentford could easily have scored several more than they did. By the time it was 4-0 though, Brentford definitely took their foot off the gas.

28 minutes ago, choffer said:

Same could be said of us in our last few seasons in the Premier League. They will fall eventually though and on last night's showing I won't be at all surprised if it's this season. No fight at all, only N'Doye who looked even remotely interested and the rest of them looked defeated from the point the first goal went in. It was telling though, how frustrated their fans were. Resignation and vitriol in equal measure. To be fair to them though (and I say this through gritted teeth) they were entertaining throughout - only one instance of SOTV and the rest of their songs (which were continuous throughout the game) were funny and very much gallows humour.

I dont think it will be this yar but with their financial situation looking horrendous and a numbe rof loan players leaving the club next season will be carnage for them. 

32 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just watched the highlights of last night's game. Should have been 10-0.

Smith should have instructed 8. they could have they missed countless opportunities when they were 4 and 5 up.

Question is do the blosers have the money to sack Coterill?  

30 minutes ago, choffer said:

Teams that circle the plughole almost always fall eventually.

Rarely does a team flirt with relegation a few seasons in a row and then recover.

I expect them to go down sooner or later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Barnsley last year beat us as well at villa Park, they are dreadful this year. Burton still for me dont have enough to stay up. yeah to be honest I did think they would beat Millwall as they have beaten better sides at home 

They couldn't beat an egg at home or away at the moment and long may that continue.:D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

I can't remember saying I thought a team would only need 35 points?!  The only post I can find is...

...although apologies if I've said somewhere else that I expect this total to suddenly be 12 points lower!

Nah it was more the debate we were having when I said you need 50 points to stay up in the championship and you actually showed that's not strictly true. You also weren't sure they needed to win half their remaining games to stay up (this was around the new year period). I'd say with just 13 games left they pretty much need to do that now, 6 wins will probably be enough.

I think 47-48 points needed. SHA GD is terrible aswell so that is another thing against them.

On 20/02/2018 at 23:12, Designer1 said:

I think regardless of how our promotion push goes, we won't be playing these scummy words removed in the league next season.

They look ****.

Wouldn't surprise me if they scramble out again. There's so many shit teams at the  bottom

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I cannot believe the state of David Stockdale. If there was ever a player who has settled back into early retirement then it is him. Neville Southall looks trimmer than him, today.

He's like a goalkeeper off of FIFA Ultimate Team in this video -

• Haha 3

Â