Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

They haven't been that terrible at home all season.

Difference is they're now picking up results away. I always maintained they'd only stay up if they start picking up away points on a consistent basis rather than just the odd home win and they're doing that now.

They'll give us a game next week, we will need to defend much better than we did today. Jota scoring twice is a bit ominous I think. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I was thinking the same, how can they go from utter tripe to then having this run of results?

I think Redknapp left a mess there albeit signed some quality players but over last few months Cotterill has got them a lot fitter and a more settled side, to be honest with the squad they have they shouldn’t be near the bottom anyway, just hope we beat them next week as it’s looking a trickier fixture now

You have to give cotterill credit he has done well there. I didn't think they will go down. But i think next season will definitely fun as they gambled for promotion and wont be finish top 12. Don't see how they can afford to keep high earners like jota.

As for next week if we defend like we did today we will probably lose as they have quite right defensively.

If we play well we will blow them apart no question. Question is will we?

• Like 1

Tbf we haven't played all that well but got two wins in 2. We'll probably have an upturn in performance against this lot and bash em. 

This is their world cup final though, so let's give em a good kick in the balls and knock all of that confidence out. Good 4-0 and injuries to Gallagher Adams and jota will do nicely 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

beat an absolutely shit Sunderland and gifted two goals against a poor, 9 man Wednesday.

Theyre still in big trouble.

The ref in that game was absolutely shocking, how sha kept 11 men on the pitch I'll never know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Sheff Wed were truly ridiculous. Regrettable that we dropped points and lost our only home game to that lot. 

Those first two goals were absolute gifts. Not worried in the slightest. Fully expect 7 in a row followed by them reverting to normal form thereafter and getting sucked into the bottom 3 

Have to remember,her though this was not the same manager who they have now who looks completely terrible and out of his depth. Meanwhile Carlos is doing very well at Swansea.

that leach reach has done absolutely nothing since that screamer against us. It was just one of those days.

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Have to remember,her though this was not the same manager who they have now who looks completely terrible and out of his depth. Meanwhile Carlos is doing very well at Swansea.

that leach reach has done absolutely nothing since that screamer against us. It was just one of those days.

Yesterday was his first defeat

• Like 1

I think the majority of football fans just have so much hatred towards their local rivals that they cannot be honest, while I want to batter them in our derby games apart from that I have no problem admitting they have a mid table squad, honesty makes football better to discuss imo. People saying we will beat them easily then blues will hit poor form again and go down is just wishful thinking not rational, I personally think we will beat them but it will be a close game and SHA will carry on with their recent more stable form and stay up comfortably, they have a better squad then a lot of teams in the bottom half, just being honest.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RimmyJimmer said:

Yes and did you see the goals they were 'given?'

Read on sha forum some of their fans embarassed by the second half no show.

Yes I seen the goals no doubt they were fortunate but you cannot say their form in the last 8 games is ‘luck.’

On your point about the second half I also seen the interview with Cotterill where he basically said he instructed them to just keep possession and not over exert themselves as they have a big week ahead but personally I do agree that playing against 9 I’d be annoyed if villa didn’t go for more.

Edited by fifamad

14 hours ago, fifamad said:

I think the majority of football fans just have so much hatred towards their local rivals that they cannot be honest, while I want to batter them in our derby games apart from that I have no problem admitting they have a mid table squad, honesty makes football better to discuss imo. People saying we will beat them easily then blues will hit poor form again and go down is just wishful thinking not rational, I personally think we will beat them but it will be a close game and SHA will carry on with their recent more stable form and stay up comfortably, they have a better squad then a lot of teams in the bottom half, just being honest.

I agree with this being the case, it totally is wishful thinking for the sake of some good ol' schadenfreude. However, that's also part of the fun in having a local nemesis innit? ;)

• Like 1

Â