Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Chris Skudder (whoever he is) choosing not to remember the carnival atmosphere at the final home game of the season against Newcastle at the end of our relegation season then. Maybe he was busy carrying a cardboard coffin.

And sights like this also must have slipped his memory.

532D9907-0A58-40B5-8289-AA168606C68F.webp.9e31a9bca0852995411db7f209b18cf7.webp

B2018FCA-3A8B-4022-8693-62603D92FBE5.thumb.jpeg.509b4b763b6a3c21702cc770efaa97dc.jpeg

1E554C54-5BC7-4CA8-98C9-4A13C093D2E6.jpeg.d0968657017a6f675946ce50db84105a.jpeg

Sorry for the unexpected avalanche of witty self depreciation there.

5 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Chris Skudder (whoever he is) choosing not to remember the carnival atmosphere at the final home game of the season against Newcastle at the end of our relegation season then. Maybe he was busy carrying a cardboard coffin.

And sights like this also must have slipped his memory.

532D9907-0A58-40B5-8289-AA168606C68F.webp.9e31a9bca0852995411db7f209b18cf7.webp

B2018FCA-3A8B-4022-8693-62603D92FBE5.thumb.jpeg.509b4b763b6a3c21702cc770efaa97dc.jpeg

1E554C54-5BC7-4CA8-98C9-4A13C093D2E6.jpeg.d0968657017a6f675946ce50db84105a.jpeg

Sorry for the unexpected avalanche of witty self depreciation there.

Yeah, it's incredible how pioneering they were in that regard

12 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I remember our city dwelling neighbours were so supportive over Villa when we nearly went out of business due to dodgy investment.

337E6F8100000578-0-image-a-13_1461501830947.jpg.578ffbde8533753623eb46d03a03bf2f.jpg

Therefore HA HA F******* HA. I hope they. end up like Bury. 

Imagine the embarrassment for decades that we gave them a hand out 😂

10 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

I remember our city dwelling neighbours were so supportive over Villa when we nearly went out of business due to dodgy investment.

337E6F8100000578-0-image-a-13_1461501830947.jpg.578ffbde8533753623eb46d03a03bf2f.jpg

Whenever I see those pics all I can think of is how much effort making and transporting the coffin to that away game, never mind the time and money wasted doing it.

Also, what were the home fans thinking, seeing grown men - not kids - prancing around outside their ground with this joke of a display ?

The mind boggles at the degree of their obsession with us !

• Like 2

In all honesty, part of me commends the effort they went to for a bit of fan banter, it’s a level of effort that’s being phased out of the game over time.

Of course the true hilarity lies in the highly premature nature of it all and how we’ve subsequently come out of it smelling of roses whilst they remain mired in deep shit.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In all honesty, part of me commends the effort they went to for a bit of fan banter, it’s a level of effort that’s being phased out of the game over time

In my opinion I really don't think there is such a thing as banter between the two sets of fans now. I am of an age to remember the 80s derbies whilst a bit naughty, I always felt safe enough going to them. 

Now it's so toxic I dread the fixture, not cos we're expected to win and would never hear the last of it if we lost.....no, it's the sinister underbelly, the moody feeling especially at their place when we're in town (mate). They have eff all going for them, that one idiot thought it was a good idea to run on the pitch and bitch slap our captain and now he is lauded by some at the sty for it.

Perhaps I'm just getting old but I really can't think of the last time I had harmless leg pulling craic with a bloser.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

In my opinion I really don't think there is such a thing as banter between the two sets of fans now. I am of an age to remember the 80s derbies whilst a bit naughty, I always felt safe enough going to them. 

Now it's so toxic I dread the fixture, not cos we're expected to win and would never hear the last of it if we lost.....no, it's the sinister underbelly, the moody feeling especially at their place when we're in town (mate). They have eff all going for them, that one idiot thought it was a good idea to run on the pitch and bitch slap our captain and now he is lauded by some at the sty for it.

Perhaps I'm just getting old but I really can't think of the last time I had harmless leg pulling craic with a bloser.

Not something to be particularly proud of but they can not stand the fact that when they have come up against, shall we say like minded individuals from little old Villa they have more often than not fared too well. Another reasons why they lean on Villa scarfer's and so called 'normal fans' 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I don't associate with knuckledraggers, full stop.

I only know two to speak to; one is my neighbour who's a decent old fella in his 70's, we never talk football.

The other is my brother in law, he lives in Germany and is 66, and we only see him two or three times a year. He's also OK but once again, we never talk football. I think one of the family have tipped him off to STFU about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

same. theres a saying about how you wouldn't wish what happened to bury on any set of fans but with this lot i absolutely would. and they would us too..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Putrid club and fans..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mottaloo said:

The second city derby is definitely the most toxic in England. The Merseyside, Manchester, North London derbies all seem tame now, because they play each other so often. Plus they are more keenly matched. With us and them, there is a huge power imbalance and has been for most of history. Hence they despise us and we laugh at them. I hate the derby games as well as its a no-win game for us.

I'm with @rjw63 on this now, I don't associate with any bitter blues anymore. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Whenever I see those pics all I can think of is how much effort making and transporting the coffin to that away game, never mind the time and money wasted doing it.

Also, what were the home fans thinking, seeing grown men - not kids - prancing around outside their ground with this joke of a display ?

The mind boggles at the degree of their obsession with us !

They did a good job with the lion though, took a lot of loving care over the Villa lion, almost a labour of love.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

They did a good job with the lion though, took a lot of loving care over the Villa lion, almost a labour of love.

It is impressive that they pay that much obsessive attention. I'm not sure I could draw their club crest if I tried - it's a pair of bollo**s in a sash isn't it?

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 3

Â