Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

10 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I believe they were above us with a genuine shot at the playoffs, while we were floundering and looked dead in the water. That game changed both our fortunes.

I also like to believe it was all because of that slimey little word removed too. It brings me some joy.

It was the Derby 4-0 game before them wasn't it? But even so to have them in the 10 game run was just brilliant... to top it off we beat the numptys the other side of town too made it the perfect scenario as a Villa fan that season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Huge few months for them, their fans collectively seem to be largely unaware that things could get a whole lot worse.

Looking on sha they genuinely believe that squad is capable of pushing for the play offs but is just poorly managed, a view they've had under every manager since they sack lee Clarke

It must take either some big rose tinted glasses or a lot of drugs to look at that squad and think its capable of finishing in the play offs.

6 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Looking on sha they genuinely believe that squad is capable of pushing for the play offs but is just poorly managed, a view they've had under every manager since they sack lee Clarke

It must take either some big rose tinted glasses or a lot of drugs to look at that squad and think its capable of finishing in the play offs.

A lot seem to think that if they go down it could be a good thing as they would get rid of their owners, they are deluded.

23 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Had a quick look myself. Found one for the scrapbook:

Screenshot_20210206-221633.png

14 hours ago, Greenfly said:

I can't imagine this mentality. If someone told me I could press a button that would make it so Villa miraculously wins the PL, but with the caveat that SHA wins promotion, I'd slap that button so hard it'd break.

Villa succeeding is all that matters. Their failure is funny, but ultimately I don't give a shit what they do as long as they're below us.

i think the mentality is easy to understand tbh.

When you are in the bottom 3 and never ever have a genuine chance of the playoffs, its easy to say you would swap it for something negative to happen to your rivals, basically because they are such a nothing club the thought of hoping for promotion is kinda like waiting for hell to freeze over.

Its basically small brain mentality for fans of a club that are failing and have zero chance of success, so wishing for bad things to happen to others, rather than the non existent hope of your own success......is kinda just the bastion of the total loser. (which makes perfect sense)

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Huge few months for them, their fans collectively seem to be largely unaware that things could get a whole lot worse.

They're not very bright. 

Relegation will be weird for them - as a business, it won't bother their owners very much at all, they don't make money out of the football club through football, they make money through the company existing as a listing on the Hong Kong stock exchange which enables them to leverage debt against it and come out of that process with money, as long as the club exists and plays football, how well they play that football doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Those owners don't give a flying one for what happens in the city of Birmingham, that's not their interest, they aren't going to sell up, this is their cash cow (debt cow?), they're going to keep milking it until it collapses - relegation doesn't hurt the owners much, in fact it probably means they have to spend less in order to keep the club ticking over.

With some of the things that were linked through from the excellent blog on their finances that @TrentVilla linked to over the last few pages, being good or bad at football is the least of their worries. They're a club slowly being manipulated through financial markets for profit by a somewhat questionable ownership group and there's no real clue what those owners will do with the bones once there's no more money in that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Relegation will be weird for them - as a business, it won't bother their owners very much at all, they don't make money out of the football club through football, they make money through the company existing as a listing on the Hong Kong stock exchange which enables them to leverage debt against it and come out of that process with money, as long as the club exists and plays football, how well they play that football doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Those owners don't give a flying one for what happens in the city of Birmingham, that's not their interest, they aren't going to sell up, this is their cash cow (debt cow?), they're going to keep milking it until it collapses - relegation doesn't hurt the owners much, in fact it probably means they have to spend less in order to keep the club ticking over.

With some of the things that were linked through from the excellent blog on their finances that @TrentVilla linked to over the last few pages, being good or bad at football is the least of their worries. They're a club slowly being manipulated through financial markets for profit by a somewhat questionable ownership group and there's no real clue what those owners will do with the bones once there's no more money in that.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

You didnt think they could get any worse than yeung could you? Only the blosers could find people even worse.

Remember when yeung said during his 1st press conference they had 50m to spend on players. Then when they were making offers on players all the sides knew they had a big budget and wanted rocket prices. Then it all went to shit as they couldnt afford the players because yeung stupidly told everyone publicly their budget 😂

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you know how they Leverage the debt against it?

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know that guys blog is excellent but there is still something about his theory that doesn’t make sense. Based on his theory they make money regardless of what happens on the pitch, well if that is the case why have they spent so much?

They have spent a lot of money on players, salaries and managers, badly obviously but they aren’t in the mess they are in through lack of investment.

So I don’t really accept the idea that the club is purely a vehicle for the debt and the HKSE as their actions as owners don’t fit with that at all.

• Like 1

On sha.com a thread has been started, called Ian Danter Twitter where some are calling for blose plight to be made national news like charlton and bury !

High profile blose fans like Danter (part time radio broadcaster), Mike "the streets" Skinner....and....wait for it......the real big hitter here....the lad who played one of the twins in Harry Potter films 🤣 who they've seen at away games (proppa blose, mate) !!

In fairness one or two have shouted them down but **** me, if that ain't funny on a grey and cold Monday morning then nothing is !

• Haha 2

Â