Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

in fairness I think that guy was actually trying to spell Grealish

I've heard it a few times on there. Could be autocorrect, but I'm not so sure.

I mean, we are talking about a highly creative, intellectual fan base whose literary skills know no bounds.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SuperTed said:

I’ve just been told their women’s team beat our women’s team 0-1. Can I assume they’re probably lauding it up? 

Probably. It's the biggest win in their history.

In fairness, their women's team has always been better than ours. That's on us for never really investing in it until recently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, SuperTed said:

I’ve just been told their women’s team beat our women’s team 0-1. Can I assume they’re probably lauding it up? 

Open top bus parade. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, SuperTed said:

Retiring a few shirts I suppose on the back of that win the silly words removed.

They are all re-watching it right now.

• Haha 1

As @Greenfly sort-of said above, they deserve the victory and it is to our shame that we let them have the run of the city in women's football for literally decades. No one else to blame but ourselves; I have quietly seethed for years at seeing them divisions above us, and frankly good for them for taking the women's game more seriously than we ever did.

I'm very glad to see that we have started to put that right, but clearly we're not there yet. We'll get there, and they will resume their rightful position one day.

I thought we were the better team yesterday and can be disappointed that we lost, although a lot of that was probably down to the fact that they had so many injuries, they only managed to name two of the nine allowed subs. If we can manage to survive this season then I imagine we will overtake them in the coming seasons.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

As @Greenfly sort-of said above, they deserve the victory and it is to our shame that we let them have the run of the city in women's football for literally decades. No one else to blame but ourselves; I have quietly seethed for years at seeing them divisions above us, and frankly good for them for taking the women's game more seriously than we ever did.

I'm very glad to see that we have started to put that right, but clearly we're not there yet. We'll get there, and they will resume their rightful position one day.

I couldn't give two hoots about the women's team. I really couldn't be less interested and I don't mean that in a bad way. I just think women's football is so painfully poor compared to the mens game that I find it unwatchable.  

The fact they are so happy about their women's team beating ours shows how starved they are for any kind of victory over us. As for me though, I'm not sure I'll lose too much sleep over it. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I couldn't give two hoots about the women's team. I really couldn't be less interested and I don't mean that in a bad way. I just think women's football is so painfully poor compared to the mens game that I find it unwatchable.  

The fact they are so happy about their women's team beating ours shows how starved they are for any kind of victory over us. As for me though, I'm not sure I'll lose too much sleep over it. 

Exactly my thoughts. They would celebrate their under tens beating ours like they won the champions league.

Sorry to interrupt the Greasy Love-in on here tonight.
To acknowledge his existence is tolerable.
To say he played well, is ok - as long as it’s just a brief mention, and as long as he was outstanding.
To eulogise about him on here is deeply offensive. Tantamount to talking all night to your wife about an ex girlfriend.

• Haha 3

On 14/11/2020 at 17:42, SuperTed said:

They'll release it on VHS/DVD in time for Christmas. Perfect stocking filler for the mother/sister (same person).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Sorry to interrupt the Greasy Love-in on here tonight.
To acknowledge his existence is tolerable.
To say he played well, is ok - as long as it’s just a brief mention, and as long as he was outstanding.
To eulogise about him on here is deeply offensive. Tantamount to talking all night to your wife about an ex girlfriend.

Yeah, saw that thread last night and there seems to be a very slowly growing albeit begrudging appreciation of JG

However, there are still those diehard noses who would rather cut it off than see a dvb score a winner in the final and shout down those who give him credit.The sad thing is, many of them are old enough to know better. They're probably not kids but more than likely middle aged gammons who live in the past, getting all misty eyed about the romance of 70s and 80s matchdays, including when it got naughty with the zulus (the amount of noses claiming to be members is laughable)...but above all, they must hate everything Vile and so their blinkers go back on.

I could be wrong of course...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Surely this analogy is more akin to them talking about Bellingham, an ex player who left them for something better as fast as his legs would carry him.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Yeah, saw that thread last night and there seems to be a very slowly growing albeit begrudging appreciation of JG

However, there are still those diehard noses who would rather cut it off than see a dvb score a winner in the final and shout down those who give him credit.The sad thing is, many of them are old enough to know better. They're probably not kids but more than likely middle aged gammons who live in the past, getting all misty eyed about the romance of 70s and 80s matchdays, including when it got naughty with the zulus (the amount of noses claiming to be members is laughable)...but above all, they must hate everything Vile and so their blinkers go back on.

I could be wrong of course...

the one or 2 of the more sensible ones stand out a mile away...the majority can't stand him, can't stand the plaudits he's getting. "is carragher related to him or something?" was my personal favourite

they genuinely loathe him...it's really, really bizarre.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I really don’t understand why you’d want to go on their sites 

I dont get obsession with other forums, I might look at another forum the odd time if something interesting is happening but not regularly. Especially not a midtable Championship club 

Â