Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

Some of their fans think that relegation could a blessing in disguise if it meant admin to get rid of their current ownership situation, not sure about that would probably make things a lot worse for them, but if you were to go by that logic then contantly just languishing just above the championshp relegation zone with no hope of anything better is a very bad situation for them.

2 hours ago, useless said:

Just seen that as part of the official documentation announcing the EGM for the partial sale, there's a financial review from an independent financial advisor that basically says that unless promoted they're likely to lose money for the next three seasons and face the possibility of further point deductions. So they're basically in a catch 22 situation, can't spend to increase their chances of promotion, and if they don't get promoted that could have dire consequences for them.

Where have you seen this?

I saw it on their forum, but Its originally from page 56 of the 'circular' that was sent to shareholders announcing the EGM for the partial sale...

'according to the Annual Review published in 2020, with wage cost growth continuing to outstrip revenue growth, Championship Clubs recorded record high operating losses for four successive seasons since 2015/16, we concur with the Companys expectation that the Football Club Segment is likely to continue to incur loss during the three years ending 30 June 2023 should the Club is not promoted to the EP...'

'P&S Rules still exists and point deduction may be imposed subject to decision of the EFL Disciplinary Commission in the event of breaches of the P&S Rules. In the event of point deduction, the finishing position of the Club would be adversely affected. As discussed withthe management of the Company, to ensure compliance with the P&S Rules, the Club would need to be more cautious on its spending in each season, in particular when hiring newplayers. We consider the limitation on high spending on recruiting new players, which is important to a maintain a healthy financial performance, will nevertheless make it more difficult for Clubs promotion back to the Premier League'

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at this game, I reckon there's a decent chance we could beat both of these sides.

I don't mean one at a time.

It's like watching 2 blokes who are so utterly pissed they can barely stand up or talk trying to have a scrap in the street. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's like watching 2 blokes who are so utterly pissed they can barely stand up or talk trying to have a scrap in the street. 

I think at least one of them has shit his pants too. 

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Looking at this game, I reckon there's a decent chance we could beat both of these sides.

I don't mean one at a time.

I saw a video where a second tier professional Turkish side took on a 22 man Sunday league team and slapped them comfortably. I imagine it would go a little like that.

Â