Match Thread: Villa v Burnley

BleedClaretAndBlue

Looking good, just need to keep the tempo up. Don't get the hate for Burnley - think a level of toughness is alright , it is and have to be a big part of their game and identity . From what I recall I think  West Ham was worse.

Edited by MackHaakon

Sixteen efforts on goal is excellent, but I'm not sure I like the way this game looks.

We really need Ollie to find his shooting boots and we need more from McGinn. Those two can change it.

Grealish is a threat and El Ghazi and Traore are doing good things, but I'm not against bringing one of those two off for Hourihane if we want a bit more control or Davis if we want a bit more at the sharp end. We need to make these chances pay, because sooner or later they will.

I think we'll need at least two to win this and Mr Watkins, I'm looking at you.

• Like 3

Just now, MackHaakon said:

Looking good, just need to keep the tempo up. Don't get the hate for Burnley - think a level of toughness is alright , it is and have to be a big part of their game and identity . From what I recall I think think West Ham was worse.

They're just so bloody boring and all thug no flair. Don't really hate them, they're just so unbelievably meh year in year out.

4 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

he planted his feet and moved his shoulder in to brace for impact. it's pretty much a textbook hockey tackle.

Fair enough, seemed a natural reaction to me when you have someone zooming toward you, unless you want to get clattered - has no obligation to move out the way.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Karen Cairney looks like they dragged her out of the bins behind an off licence before kick off after a night on the gin.

And for some reason Jim Rosenthal keeps shuffling closer to her.

Seems to need a shave unless my prime signal is poor again? 

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Miles the better team

El ghazi our best player by a distance 

I agree with all of that. We have enough to beat these comfortably, but it might take something special to break down that concrete wall they have erected on the penalty spot. 

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Fair enough, seemed a natural reaction to me when you have someone zooming toward you, unless you want to get clattered - has no obligation to move out the way.

I agree somewhat, but you see him doing it deliberately. He had ample time to get out of the way but no intention to do so. That was all about stopping Grealish while roughing him up a bit.

Edited by osmark86

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Karen Cairney looks like they dragged her out of the bins behind an off licence before kick off after a night on the gin.

Still would, though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just gonna be one of them nights again isn’t it, without really playing that well we’ve had one off the line and hit the frame twice, Targett and Nakamba look dodgy, mings looks a bit lax, if we could step it up we’d win but I’m not sure we will and they’ll get a jammy goal along the way 

This is typical of the kind of game that Burnley win, need to take your chances against them, which is why I said we need our attacking players back amongst the goals, we've only scored once in each of the last three league games, and one of those was a penalty.

Said it in the pre match thread but we're missing chances again. Burnley are grade A shit. They should be on yellow tarkowski and mee. Bet one of them gets away from a red card. 

Nakamba needs to stay in front of the defence. Few times we've been caught is because he and mcginn have gone walkies.