Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

We've had some serious bad luck with VAR decisions lately so my first wish it that it won't ruin another game for us. Also, please let's move Ollie away from penalties. Also, Trez please net your chances.

Basically fortune hasn't exactly been with us, I think we're due a change in fortunes. I can see us winning this if we can keep it together and play like we did against Leicester.

2 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Half the goals we've conceded in the last 5 games have been worldies. We've conceded relatively few good goalscoring chances really and the man who scores all of Wolves' goals is out indefinitely

If a team is regularly conceding 'worldies', then they aren't lucky goals, they are consistent poor defending.

• Confused 2

Sad situation with Jimenez, but it clearly benefits every team Wolves play until they find a decent replacement for him. But their manager is good and they'll be up for it.

We've lost 4 from 5 and desperately need to claw our way up a few positions in the table. If we lose and don't play well, you have to think Smith will be under deeper scrutiny from ownership.

We still haven't drawn yet, so I'm predicting 1-1.

• Like 1

On 09/12/2020 at 09:19, VillaChris said:

One of my favourite away games was the Robbie Keane one when we were losing and he scored two fantastic goals in 10 minutes to win it for us.

I remember that game. He didn't celebrate either goal. 

• Like 1

I think Wolves will look to not lose again, they know that they are in abit of bother because of losing Jimenez, they dont have Jota either. Despite they have lost power in places and valuable squad members for one reason or another, they still will give it the good going against us.

I hope this is one game we do show that we deserve to win, I wouldn't like an outcome like the Leeds game, especially a game we shouldn't of won.

Smith has to come out on top or at least I hope he does but we as a fan base also have to realise that we ourselves are not at full strength with Barkley still out, I think we need him for this game. Someone will be saying play Conor others Ghazi, I say do not start either and hand Ramsey his first start to the season, Ramsey has all the good there to do what Barkley does and I think it would be right to start him and wrong to play anyone else.

It's a game we can win with right choices however a game we will lose if not careful.

• Like 1

Wolves are usually good at bouncing back from defeats and despite the perception that they're struggling more than usual this season, this is actually their best start to a season since being promoted.

A draw wouldn't be a bad result.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, useless said:

Wolves are usually good at bouncing back from defeats and despite the perception that they're struggling more than usual this season, this is actually their best start to a season since being promoted.

A draw wouldn't be a bad result.

Even though I think we will win comfortably I would begrudgingly take a point now

I'll be deflated if Hourihane starts. Asking for trouble. He needs make two goals/assists to be worth his place in the starting XI he does so little. Puts pressure on everyone else.

I don't know what I'd do. I'd rather stick Ramsey in next to Doug and have McGinn as the 10. He's always up there anyway.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

1-1 

Traore to score a class goal cutting in from the right and smashing one with his left foot.

Jack to score the winner in the last minuteonly to be chalked off by var because he chose to wear the thick Alice band and it got flagged offside

Or, offside from still having that hard-on from midweek.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'll be deflated if Hourihane starts. Asking for trouble. He needs make two goals/assists to be worth his place in the starting XI he does so little. Puts pressure on everyone else.

I don't know what I'd do. I'd rather stick Ramsey in next to Doug and have McGinn as the 10. He's always up there anyway.

Me too. Ramsey provides the energy alongside Luiz and McGinn can press high up the field and arrive late into the box.

Start Traore on the right. That’s where he’s come in to play so he needs to play there. No excuses now. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This for me but with McGinn at 8 and Ramsey at 10.

Ramsey has only played once in the last two months, and that was a training game, ironically against us for England U20s. I doubt very much he will be starting tomorrow, would be good to see him on the bench, but probaly needs to play a few U23 games to get up to speed.

• Like 1