Pre-Match Thread

Ouchmefoot

22 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

You’re asking this after you’ve married the Wolves fan and had a family? 

The children are diehard Villa that’s all that matters, she can be disposed of at any time should she fall from grace or vice versa should she find my login for this place 

• Haha 2

Hopefully a good time to play Wolves with them missing Jimenez up top and not fully figured out how to replace Jota yet. They are in OK but not good form and we really need to stop losing games now.

I'd take a draw just so to stop the losing streak but we should have a chance at getting all 3 points today. Just need to be awake from the start and not mess up our zonal defending on set pieces.

I’d really like to beat these words removed, forgot they even existed for the best part of a decade and then they come pouring out then woodwork stoking an imaginary rivalry. 

No Doherty, Jonny, Jota or Jimenez from the team we played last time round - All upgrades on the players that will be playing today for me.

Hopefully they play a back 4 again, Coady is a fish out of water and they lose the defensively solidity that the majority of their success was built on. Very pacey front 3 though and we saw how easily even someone like Welbeck ripped through us when we **** our line up.

Really can’t afford any defensive mistakes today, we’ve deserved more from our performances last few games but we need to see this translate into points once more.

• Like 2

Well smith’s ‘style’ got us promoted and kept us in the PL, it also got us our best start to the PL for (something like?) 90 years... so I think it’s worked well for us so far. We aren’t title contenders, and we aren’t even top 7/8, we will still probably lose more games than we win this year. 
So if we go gung ho, but end the season 11th, I would be very happy with that. 

I feel like this will be a draw today. We’re the only team not to have a draw so far, so I think we’re due our first one. Away from home I would take a draw against these.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 22:03, YouUnastanFren said:

Strongly disagree that we're regularly doing anything of the sort. 5 games is a tiny sample size. Maybe if we're doing the same thing over the entire season but it hasn't been, nobody was extrapolating our 3 consecutive away clean sheets at the start of the season and thinking we wouldn't concede an away goal all season, similarly the goals we've conceded from very low xG chances should be viewed in the context that it's unlikely to continue to happen.

Yet after every loss this board is littered with comments claiming we were unlucky to lose because x player scored a worldie. So we are either allowing goals that have no business being scored, or we are defending so badly literally any shot on target is likely to go in. Neither is an acceptable state of affairs.