Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

Polar Express on telly and cracked open a rather nice Sauvignon Blanc I won in the office online quiz. 

Had a couple of cherry liqueur chocolates. 

All set. 

The number of carriages The Polar Express has keeps changing from around 20 to 3.

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What did ya get for xmas then? Is it too early for you lot?

I got a kick in the ass from Santa because I pulled off his fake beard at the work Xmas party. In front of all those kids.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Haha 1

Kid asleep, presents under the tree. On my second baileys.

Watching the father ted special. Then will give “Martin’s Close” another try. Watched it last year, was a bit...<shrugs shoulders>...not really Christmassy or chilling. Giving it another go. Peter Capaldi is always worth a watch and I remember thinking the chap playing “hanging judge” Judge Jeffreys was quite entertaining.

• Like 1

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas time.  I've personally been lacking in a bit of festive spirit this year - I guess the lack of gadding about in the office with my selection of tasteful/less fairisle jumpers whist stringing up as many fairy lights about my desk that I can before needing a "health and safety chat" as somewhat dampened my mood.  Plus I've been stressing myself out about trying not to totally eff everything up for the incredibly excited 4 year old in our house.

Thankfully this afternoon was a blast after clocking off; turns out that whilst all the google santa tracker stuff is great as a thirty-something, its about a million times better for a wide-eyed-4-year-old who evidently likes nothing better than to shave off all of Father Christmas' hair and then magically spray it all back into place and spray it red and pink! :D

Presents lugged about the place (though the 10 month old has this touchy-feeling gaming controller than bascially goes off on a 30 second noise-and-light-show if you so much as look at it, and that got knocked on the way down the stairs with obvious consequences, thankfully no one woke up by the sounds of things), just kicking back with a festive drink and attempting to cheese my way through some festive computer game events before heading up and awaiting the 4am wake up call...

Nadelik Lowen all!

• Like 4

Just watched last year's Gavin and Stacey.  Stunning, it's so rare that such a hugely anticipated show completely lives up to expectations, and a year later I actually enjoyed it more.  Complete comedy genius from start to finish. 

But it also made me think about Carol Singing. I spent many Christmas's as a kid going round houses Carol singing.  I remember on my paper round I had a guy at the very end of my round, who was blinking miles away, no idea why he used our shop.  But he gave me a massive Christmas bonus, probably got more from him than the rest of my round added together. 

Anyway, dragged my mates all the way out there for Carol Singing promising massive payment and the bastard pretended he wasn't in. 

Called on next door afterwards and a couple of old ladies came to to door and made us sing frickin dozens of carols before giving us about 50p.

Anyway what it got me thinking is it's another thing, like penny for the guy that's gone.  I don't think in my entire life as a homeowner which began in 1997 have we ever had Carol singers at the door. 

• Like 2

Just got the kids presents out of the loft (they are 16 and 18).

Realised that their entire Christmas is contained in a single box that is smaller than any one of multiple boxes they might have had a single toy in only a couple of years ago. 

In addition it's a task that would normally have been performed a couple of hours after they went to sleep but the likelihood is that they will probably go to bed well after we will and definitely get up later. 

Â