Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t understand how anyone would not understand Die Hard is a Christmas movie? It’s literally about a guy trying to reunite with his estranged family on Christmas Eve. It’s a Christmas miracle that he overcomes all obstacles to get his family back together on Christmas Day. His wife is even called ‘Holly’ if they were not making it obvious enough! 

He even states 'Ho, Ho, Ho!' after gifting a dead terrorist. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah, Die Hard isn’t a Christmas film. But I’d much rather watch it than that god awful Christmas film, Elf. Will Ferrell is unbelievably irritating, **** knows what people see in it

zooey deschanel yes GIF

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I work an office of 20 or so Chinese people.

They play Chinese radio a few desks away.

It just played Slade, it's Xmas.

Noddy Holder will like that. They earn over half a million a year in royalties from that song. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m sure I’ve watched bits of Die Hard but not sure I’ve ever watched it from start to finish in 1 take. Maybe that’s my challenge for this Christmas.

You should as its a great film, 2 dips a bit, 3 is brilliant and the best in the series imo, 4 dips a lot 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

That’s the only thing I took from the film. But even then it wasn’t a full frontal nude shower scene, just disappointing tbh. 

Elizabeth Banks too.

38251CAF-9C26-4293-985B-AE64A7755102.jpeg

But yeah, I agree Ferrell is too annoying for me to enjoy the film. As you say, I’d rather watch Die Hard, although I agree with @Seat68 that some people think they’re being oh so clever by regarding it as a Christmas film. I find the argument a bit daft really, as has been mentioned “It’s a Wonderful Life” largely takes place away from Christmas (plus I’m not completely sure of the “be happy with what you’ve got, George” message  - although I do like the film).

In all honesty though I don’t set out to watch any film every year. I’ll probably catch a version of “A Christmas Carol” at some point, but that’s through sheer probability more than anything.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m an idiot, Elizabeth Banks is in “Fred Claus” there, in my mind I’ve superimposed her into “Elf” to support Zoey to make it even more palatable.

That's a Christmas film I would be very happy to watch. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I work an office of 20 or so Chinese people.

They play Chinese radio a few desks away.

It just played Slade, it's Xmas.

I used to work for a bloke called Slade. 

We did a company quiz at Christmas.  The music round was Christmas music. After one song he stood up and said "You had better all get this right!" 

The song just played was I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

Â