Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The only thing shocking me about this is the number of people saying they don't like the song. 

It's the ONLY Christmas song.  What's wrong with you? Has signing along to Mariah Carey rotted your brains? 

Only Christmas song? Clearly you've never heard King Diamond's "No Presents for Christmas"

Plenty of other options available without jumping to Mariah f***** Carey!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Only Christmas song? Clearly you've never heard King Diamond's "No Presents for Christmas"

Plenty of other options available without jumping to Mariah f***** Carey!

Totally agree

this always gets a Christmas spin in our household

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Elf is my to to film on tree day! 

National lampoon's is saved for the 24th with a beer, muppets is whilst I wrap the presents (also usually the 24th but in the morning... So only a shandy ;) )

Please tell me Gremlins is in the films to watch list? 

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Please tell me Gremlins is in the films to watch list? 

Nah not a go to if I'm honest, same with die hard, if it was on then I'd watch it but I never seeked it out

Haven't had anything other than streeming TV for 4 years now so I don't stumble across anything anymore 

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Nah not a go to if I'm honest, same with die hard, if it was on then I'd watch it but I never seeked it out

Haven't had anything other than streeming TV for 4 years now so I don't stumble across anything anymore 

A film set at Christmas not a Christmas film. 

• Like 3

Set the Vbox to record all the essential Christmas Movies last night. 

Noticed in a kitchen cupboard today that Mrs Sidcow has purchased some of those hanging Chocolate Tree Decorations. 

I can smell Christmas in the air. 

Still too early for decorations though. 

18 hours ago, Seat68 said:

A film set at Christmas not a Christmas film. 

Don't start this circular argument.  There are 2 camps.  Those that think it's not a Christmas film and just an action movie which happens to be set at Christmas time, and those who are complete idiots.  And they will not be swayed, it's pointless having the discussion. It's like trying to convince an American hillbilly that Trump is poisonous and the election was not fixed.  You are just wasting your breath, they will not budge. 

• Sad 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Don't start this circular argument.  There are 2 camps.  Those that think it's not a Christmas film and just an action movie which happens to be set at Christmas time, and those who are complete idiots.  And they will not be swayed, it's pointless having the discussion. It's like trying to convince an American hillbilly that Trump is poisonous and the election was not fixed.  You are just wasting your breath, they will not budge. 

I agree entirely. I am waiting on my annual message from a friend who goads me every year on Die Hard being a Christmas film. 

Having been single for many years i never bothered with a tree, decs or owt. Only once since i moved in to my house 12yrs ago did I go the whole hog and dec'd the place out cos my bro and his family were over from Oz.

Now I'm in a steady relationship i cant wait for my missus to crack on, do her worst and drag this miserable old git in to the festive season 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 3

Â