Happy Christmas or Something (2020)

Seat68

How long before those of us working from home start seeing purpose made decorative Christmas displays popping up on Zoom/Teams calls. I can see it now, keeping up with the Jones’,  everybody trying to outdo each other. People spending hours on their background display, then saying it’s only a few things chucked together. Then slagging other people’s trees off. It’ll be like Facebook for Zoom. 

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

How long before those of us working from home start seeing purpose made decorative Christmas displays popping up on Zoom/Teams calls. I can see it now, keeping up with the Jones’,  everybody trying to outdo each other. People spending hours on their background display, then saying it’s only a few things chucked together. Then slagging other people’s trees off. It’ll be like Facebook for Zoom. 

I am going to stick a picture of my cock in a frame and wrap a bit of tinsel round the it and strategically place it just about visible on the shelf behind my PC and camera  and then wait

• Haha 3
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

I am going to stick a picture of my cock in a frame and wrap a bit of tinsel round the it and strategically place it just about visible on the shelf behind my PC and camera  and then wait

Good idea! Beryl from accounts will love that. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Xela said:

They'll just assume its a pig in a blanket. 

My anaconda don't, my anaconda don't, my anaconda don't want none, unless you got buns, hun

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

They'll just assume its a pig in a blanket. 

My anaconda don't, my anaconda don't, my anaconda don't want none, unless you got buns, hun

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I decided to use this as my background for Teams calls today. Worked well as nobody even tried speaking to me. spacer.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

If I did that I could place it right above my head and it still would be just about visible. 

3 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

6e628683c91aac10ba6ff24505870615.jpg

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t understand how anyone would not understand Die Hard is a Christmas movie? It’s literally about a guy trying to reunite with his estranged family on Christmas Eve. It’s a Christmas miracle that he overcomes all obstacles to get his family back together on Christmas Day. His wife is even called ‘Holly’ if they were not making it obvious enough! 

Its not a miracle, he kills people as he is a cop and his wife is being held by terrorists. Its an action film. 
From last year

•  

My thoughts on the annual merry go round of people that insist Die Hard is a Christmas film, versus me, a person that categorically does not believe this to be the case.

So let me put down what I feel constitutes a Christmas film. First and foremost it needs to have part of its setting during the Christmas period. Not all, as White Christmas, Holiday Inn and It’s a Wonderful Life are not entirely set during Christmas. That said Muppets Christmas Carol, Frosty The Snowman and Raccoons Christmas pretty much are.

There is of course a difference between these Christmas movies and say The Great Escape and Wizard of Oz. They are considered Christmas Movies as in days of yore, yesteryear and past times, as they would tend to be on television on Christmas Day.

But back to Christmas films. Outside of it being set during the Christmas Period, without question there has to be an uplifting spirit to the film. It needs redemption, or humility, or charity. It needs to reach a crescendo where the human spirit is seen to be alright after all. Scrooge’s realisation, the end of Love Actually, Jamie giving the toy to Myron in Jingle All The Way, Georges family and friends doing all they can to ensure that Bailey Business and Loan is saved in It’s a Wonderful Life. The absolute measure of a Christmas film is the sentimentality.

Now Die Hard. My theory with Die Hard and it’s inexplicable conversion to a Christmas film over the past few years is this. It is indeed set on Christmas Eve, men though do not want to show any form of sensitivity, they don’t want to say, no I love Frosty The Snowman, Love Actually and It’s a Wonderful Life are beautiful films and reduce me to tears. Filling me with joy. No men don’t want to say that. They sneer and say Die Hard is a great Christmas film as it affirms their masculinity. It’s a lie that has been repeated amongst men so it allows them to downgrade others by telling people, no The Santa Clause, Santa Claus The Movie and Scrooged are not good Christmas films. Die Hard is. I don’t have to well up with Die Hard. I can revel in the killing and the yippee kaye aye really bad person. I can grin at the story knowing that I don’t have to deal with human emotion.

I like Die Hard, I have watched the entire series and enjoyed the hoakum for what it is. Not once have I sat down in June with Bruce Willis hairline staring at me and thought, that’s weird they are showing a Christmas film in June. Not once.

• Like 1

Â