Transgenderism

Chindie

9 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

**** me. Dreadful all round. 

I gave up reading that story in the intro when they described the Marquis of Granby Pub as being near Westminster.

I'm familiar with 0.0009% of London pubs but that one is one of the few I do know (and like). It's on the corner of Charlotte St in what I'd describe as Fitzrovia, It's closer to Euston than it is to Parliament and is frequented by postal workers and music biz types from around Soho.

If they can't get that right.... the rest of the article will be bollocks too

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

I gave up reading that story in the intro when they described the Marquis of Granby Pub as being near Westminster.

I'm familiar with 0.0009% of London pubs but that one is one of the few I do know (and like). It's on the corner of Charlotte St in what I'd describe as Fitzrovia, It's closer to Euston than it is to Parliament and is frequented by postal workers and music biz types from around Soho.

If they can't get that right.... the rest of the article will be bollocks too

There are multiple pubs with the name in London, and this isn't the one you're thinking of. This specific pub is just down the road from Westminster, next to the Lambeth Bridge.

• Haha 1

Well I expect and also hope that the tories throw their whole election weight behind being anti-trans only for them to lose by a landslide and have this ridiculous, poisonous style of politics thrown well and truly towards the desperate fringes rather than the main. Dispicable words removed. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

There are multiple pubs with the name in London, and this isn't the one you're thinking of. This specific pub is just down the road from Westminster, next to the Lambeth Bridge.

You're absolutely correct but the odd thing is, thats how I remember the pub I was talking about looking like. Odd

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I quite enjoyed the trans woman in question saying "all cis women look the same to me", and imagining the absolute **** meltdown if that was said the other way around.

Eh most of us would find it pretty standard, exaggerated wojaks of non passing trans women and early stage /later age transition trans women being pulled out as what all of us look like is pretty much one of the only three or so jokes ‘gender criticals’ have…we see it alot.

Edited by Eidolon

Isla Bryson: Transgender rapist jailed for eight years

Bryson made the decision to transition from a man to a woman while awaiting trial

A double rapist who changed gender while waiting to stand trial has been jailed for eight years.

Isla Bryson attacked two women in Clydebank and Glasgow in 2016 and 2019 while known as Adam Graham.

The judge said Bryson posed a high risk of reoffending and would be supervised for three years after release.

The case sparked a heated debate over whether Bryson should be housed in a male or a female prison after transitioning from a man to a woman.

Bryson, 31, was initially remanded to a women's jail after being found guilty, but was then moved to a men's facility.

What is the transgender prisoners row all about?

Is double rapist Isla Bryson a man or a woman?

Prison bosses defend sending rapist to women's jail

This followed concerns about the safety of any women held alongside a transgender sex offender in a female jail.

The case ultimately led to an urgent review and a change in policy which will see all newly-convicted or remanded transgender prisoners initially placed in jails according to their birth sex.

During the trial, prosecutors said Bryson, from Clydebank, had "preyed" on vulnerable women who he met online.

Bryson's estranged wife, Shonna Graham, said the focus should be on the victims.

"The way I see it is he is a man, he done the crime as a man… he should do the time in a man's jail," she said.

Ms Graham said she had met Adam Bryson in 2015 and they married the following year.

The 31-year-old said there had never been any suggestion during their relationship that her husband wanted to become a woman.

She said she believed Bryson had hoped to serve the sentence in a woman's jail and have an easier time - but that this had not worked.

"You can't do a crime as a man then want to transition once you've been charged with it. That's how you know it's all a big joke to him."

Image caption,

Shonna Graham married Bryson in 2016

Ms Graham alleged that Bryson had attempted to rape her and stabbed her while they were together.

She was also angry that the person she knew as Adam Bryson had then used the name Adam Graham.

"He took my last name so he could get away with his crimes, the way I see it," she added.

"I hope he rots in jail. I hope the victims can put this evil person behind them."

A review into the case was ordered by Justice Secretary Keith Brown and its key findings were made public earlier this month, although the full report was not published on grounds it contained personal information.

It showed that the Scottish Prison Service had made the decision to divert Bryson to Cornton Vale women's prison in Stirling, rather than the planned destination of HMP Barlinnie in Glasgow, while the offender was in transit.

Two days later, senior management decided "due to the level of risk and remaining uncertainties" to move the inmate to a male prison, HMP Edinburgh.

IMAGE SOURCE,PA MEDIA

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon told the Scottish Parliament that Bryson would not be incarcerated in Cornton Vale "either short-term or long-term".

Bryson made the decision to transition from a man to a woman while awaiting trial.

It is thought to be the first time a trans woman has been convicted of raping women in Scotland.

There are relatively few trans prisoners in Scotland.

The latest Scottish Prison Service statistics said there were 12 trans women and three trans men between October and December 2022. There were 7,019 male prisoners and 265 female inmates.

The Scottish government has stressed that the case is not connected to the Gender Recognition Reform Bill, which has not yet been enacted and was blocked from becoming law by the UK government.

CLICKY

Right decision in this instance  

23 hours ago, bickster said:

You're absolutely correct but the odd thing is, thats how I remember the pub I was talking about looking like. Odd

I thought it was a picture of the Fitzrovia pub too

Edit: but haven't  been arsed to check but then I'm not paid to write accurate stories  in newspapers 

Edited by one_ian_taylor

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

it’s not hard to see how weaponising transphobia affects CIS women too. When do we start seeing non-conventional looking CIS be thrown out of women’s bathrooms?

It shows what a clumsy instrument politics is when it comes to dealing with anything nuanced - its why central-planning always goes wrong.

Having just caught up on this thread I thought it was quite interesting that there are countless pages devoted to toilets, swimming and weight-lifting and then about 4/5 posts about Brianna Ghey.

I accept that we don't necessarily have all the facts in through the legal system yet and that the mods could have removed pages of posts I'm not aware of. But some of her friends have spoken publically about the bullying she suffered over years including at school. The school have apparently made a statement that she was never bulied at their school. I get that it's legal disclaimers but in your heart you know it's bullshit when you hear absolutist statements like that when in reality there's no way they can possibly say that with any authority.

And if it does come out in the wash, I hope we don't have to wait 6 years like in Dalians case, to have the discussion re enter the national dialogue. The incident could be transformative. Education for the nation if you will. We could all learn lessons from this.

I don't personally believe that's the agenda though.

Â