Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

28 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Should we get a 28 year old Lamela who never really hit it off in PL?

Nah. Not the right profile.

Ideally we want to keep signing players in the same mold of Cash and Watkins.

Players below the age of 25 that still have plenty of potential still.

1 hour ago, MentalM said:

I rate him, I think he ticks 3 (tactical knowhow, physicality, technical ability) of the 4 boxes necessary to succeed as a pro, and he might have the 4th, which is mentality, I don't know.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Media has started to speculate about Josh King again. Really hope there is nothing in those rumors unless it's a season long loan.

It's nothing but paper talk. That I'm confident of, even with the Covid-19 levels right now, we have different transfer targets in mind, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Nah. Not the right profile.

Ideally we want to keep signing players in the same mold of Cash and Watkins.

Players below the age of 25 that still have plenty of potential still.

Have to agree but not only that he just isn't that good. 9 years in the Prem has only made 20+ appearances 4 times. Then you look at goals/assist and you really 🤮. Best season was 14-15 when he had 2G 7A in league play. El Ghazi And Traore will both hit 9 (G+A) before the season ends. Hard pass. 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Media has started to speculate about Josh King again. Really hope there is nothing in those rumors unless it's a season long loan.

He could be ok as back up until the kids like Barry, come of age.

this is a gruelling league, we need cover.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

He could be ok as back up until the kids like Barry, come of age.

this is a gruelling league, we need cover.

It’s a fair point and similar to one I mentioned very recently.

I’d say the point is that Cantwell is nearly 23 and will definitely want 1st team football given his age.

But Conor Gallagher? Definitely fits the Bill at just 20 and bridges the age gap as you say. Obviously a summer purchase.

2 minutes ago, rayk said:

It’s a fair point and similar to one I mentioned very recently.

I’d say the point is that Cantwell is nearly 23 and will definitely want 1st team football given his age.

But Conor Gallagher? Definitely fits the Bill at just 20 and bridges the age gap as you say. Obviously a summer purchase.

funnily enough, I would take a punt on him.....in a good side, he would be ok.

I love his engine.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MentalM said:

Yes! He's brilliant IMO. Was a key player in Pochettino's Tottenham side and was only dropped from the starting 11 when Mourinho arrived. 

Also 28 isn't old, you could argue that he is actually at the peak of his career. 

The only issue with this transfer is having to deal with Levy. 

Having said all that, if we could get only one Spurs player (even on loan) it would be Dele Ali. 

I also go along with what other are saying you only sign older players if you have to, we want them to develop with us and have a sell on value with only paying decent wages so they aren’t a nightmare to move on

13 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Norwich are a selling club, they said it themselves, if a suitable bid comes in any of their players would be sold.

The question is whether a bid they deem suitable is put in.

I never quite worked out what happened with the £100m PL money they got last year.  They spent virtually nothing, if they're still in a position where they feel they feel they need to sell when they're in a decent position for promotion then something funny is going on.

18 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I also go along with what other are saying you only sign older players if you have to, we want them to develop with us and have a sell on value with only paying decent wages so they aren’t a nightmare to move on

but assuming, we have kids, who are going to make it......a 27/28 year old might bridge that gap.

Its good to have players 24/25/26......I think its a very prudent model, but the odd exception, might be good too.

3 hours ago, sne said:

Greg Evans being the source. I can’t tell you my thoughts on his transfer insights without having to ban myself, all I’ll say is he blocked me on Twitter. He is right less frequently than a stopped clock.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I never quite worked out what happened with the £100m PL money they got last year.  They spent virtually nothing, if they're still in a position where they feel they feel they need to sell when they're in a decent position for promotion then something funny is going on.

This hag is trousering it all mate

Welsh Rarebit: Delia's Way

3 hours ago, sne said:

He has 6 months left on his contract. Price, age and experience would make him a good squad player I guess.

39 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Many on here aren’t impressed but I still think he would be a very good squad signing. Can play in several positions too

As far as I can see Josh King has all the hallmarks of a player who has already peaked, and he's no improvement on what we have currently imho.

I'd be fairly confident in saying Traore is better in every position than him as well as being 3 and a half years younger, cheaper and looking like he's got massive potential to improve.

• Like 2