Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we will either but I’m pretty sure Smith knows the squad still needs a lot of improvement. 

It does....but that does not mean it has to be new faces......some of our players, can do better at certain things, I think thats what he will focus on.

I know we all want another striker......but Jack,Watkins,ElGhazi,Trez, Traore,Barkley can all score goals....it's how we utilise the front 4...out of that 6/7.....we now have Sanson, who is not exactly shy

I don't see how the club can keep another striker with credentials happy.....so then we sign an also ran and it becomes another burden for the club.

We have enough fire power.....we just have to learn how not to give up points so damn easily.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

It does....but that does not mean it has to be new faces......some of our players, can do better at certain things, I think thats what he will focus on.

I know we all want another striker......but Jack,Watkins,ElGhazi,Trez, Traore,Barkley can all score goals....it's how we utilise the front 4...out of that 6/7.....we now have Sanson, who is not exactly shy

I don't see how the club can keep another striker with credentials happy.....so then we sign an also ran and it becomes another burden for the club.

We have enough fire power.....we just have to learn how not to give up points so damn easily.

I agree but only if we don’t get an injury.  If Watkins gets an injury we are struggling (or loss of form or red card suspension for 3 games).  

Great we have all these creative/attacking options but whatever you say, only Watkins can really play the focal point position.  Like Spurs when they lost Kane last night (or previously), the creative/attacking players look off the pace like Son did.  Son was put centrally and was ineffective and the same would happen with our players.

I understand the view point of keeping another striker happy but at the same time we only have one real central striker at the moment (Davis not up to par and Wes still recovering).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree but only if we don’t get an injury.  If Watkins gets an injury we are struggling (or loss of form or red card suspension for 3 games).  

Great we have all these creative/attacking options but whatever you say, only Watkins can really play the focal point position.  Like Spurs when they lost Kane last night (or previously), the creative/attacking players look off the pace like Son did.  Son was put centrally and was ineffective and the same would happen with our players.

I understand the view point of keeping another striker happy but at the same time we only have one real central striker at the moment (Davis not up to par and Wes still recovering).

I think its one of them Nick....I think they are now planning for the summer.

I still think if we can get 40 points pretty soon, they will all be happy......and i think some surprises may get a run out.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think its one of them Nick....I think they are now planning for the summer.

I still think if we can get 40 points pretty soon, they will all be happy......and i think some surprises may get a run out.

Yeah agree about planning for the summer now.

I also will feel better once we’ve got to 40 points.  I know we should be aiming much much higher than that for the final outcome but being a Villa fan, the last decade or so and the downsides, 40 points will feel nice....relief!  This new Villa, watching them still feels surreal....

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Yes they can but players also have their limits. Which is why they play for a club that nearly got relegated last season.  Coaching players can only get you so far. I  personally think we have overachieved this season which I why I don’t get too disheartened whenever we lose a game. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/milot-rashica-aston-villa-transfer-19727753

It was claimed ahead of the January window that Villa still view Rashica as a target but Dean Smith's side are not expected to reignite their interest.

Reports in the German press just last week stated the 24-year-old was a matter of ‘days’ away from sealing a transfer but that no longer appears to be the case.

Werder’s head coach Florian Kohfeldt has now confirmed his side are yet to field any formal offers to sign the former Vitesse Arnhem player ahead of Monday’s deadline...........

26 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/milot-rashica-aston-villa-transfer-19727753

It was claimed ahead of the January window that Villa still view Rashica as a target but Dean Smith's side are not expected to reignite their interest.

Reports in the German press just last week stated the 24-year-old was a matter of ‘days’ away from sealing a transfer but that no longer appears to be the case.

Werder’s head coach Florian Kohfeldt has now confirmed his side are yet to field any formal offers to sign the former Vitesse Arnhem player ahead of Monday’s deadline...........

Bless them.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Well get him for around 7 mill in the summer. 

Bremen Chairman well and truly f*cked up. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well no more incomings will just be players leaving.

Find it incredible we are not looking at another striker. If ollie gets injured we are stuffed 

It's not 11pm on Monday yet! 

2 players out today (Lansbury and Guilbert) has got me thinking!

Anyone got a link to the Birmingham mail careers page? 

I've got no contacts within the game, my grammar is sometimes shit, but I've absolutely nailed copy and paste. 

A promising career could be just around the corner for me. 

19 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Freddie was registered in the league squad, so that frees up a space for someone else, perhaps?

Or maybe I should stop clutching at straws and accept DS’s comment that he’s happy and done on the incomings 

So you’re telling me it’s finally going to happen???

A665B805-CF4A-4E7B-BCEC-6262EED2D13C.jpeg

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Anyone got a link to the Birmingham mail careers page? 

I've got no contacts within the game, my grammar is sometimes shit, but I've absolutely nailed copy and paste. 

A promising career could be just around the corner for me. 

Sorry mate, you’re over qualified as you understand football 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Wow, we got loads of clicks from all the Rashica stories last summer. 

Yep, make sure we run as many Rashica stories for as long as we can through the January window. Watch those clicks roll in. 

• Like 3