Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Last season when we almost got relegated Smith and Purslow reiterated several times it takes 4 parties to agree to a transfer. There's no obvious player in PL or other leagues of any worth that we'd even want that would sign to sit on the bench that we'd pay stupid money for. Actually please say Josh King 

I think we should go for Josh king.

Hide Reaction GIF by flor

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why the sad react? Mythical striker to sit on the bench in case Watkins gets injured? This isn't FIFA on the PlayStation 

No one has said it is FIFA on the PlayStation. To think we might have a striker lined up, baring in mind the alternative in case of injury is Davis, who can't score. Traore? Yes, could do a job but it's possible we have more than 1 injury or suspension at a time. If that happens, we are extremely light. 

I don't get the quite patronising and sarcastic reply in all honesty, when the more sensible thing is we bring a striker in as cover. It's possible for it to happen, y'know. Do you think we are going to be starting Sanson, Luiz, mcginn and Barkley in the same game? No, thought not.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, more that I think it's possible we will look.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

No one has said it is FIFA on the PlayStation. To think we might have a striker lined up, baring in mind the alternative in case of injury is Davis, who can't score. Traore? Yes, could do a job but it's possible we have more than 1 injury or suspension at a time. If that happens, we are extremely light. 

I don't get the quite patronising and sarcastic reply in all honesty, when the more sensible thing is we bring a striker in as cover. It's possible for it to happen, y'know. Do you think we are going to be starting Sanson, Luiz, mcginn and Barkley in the same game? No, thought not.

I'm not saying it's going to happen, more that I think it's possible we will look.

Smith identified Traore as option when we signed him. 71 games 38 goals 11 assists at CF albeit people have said he played in 2 forward system. Club clearly bought him with that versatility in mind and already clear he knows how to score. Was actually played as forward at Chelsea. 2 goals in 6 appearances. I trust the management

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Smith identified Traore as option when we signed him. 71 games 38 goals 11 assists at CF albeit people have said he played in 2 forward system. Club clearly bought him with that versatility in mind and already clear he knows how to score. Was actually played as forward at Chelsea. 2 goals in 6 appearances. I trust the management

So, what happens if Watkins AND trez get injured. Who plays wide right then? El ghazi? Who is the option from the bench then?

Watkins AND traore? We are left with Davis again with NOTHING else. We've been lucky with injuries so far, compared to other teams. It IS possible for 2 players to get injured you know. 

Just now, Mjvilla said:

So, what happens if Watkins AND trez get injured. Who plays wide right then? El ghazi? Who is the option from the bench then?

Watkins AND traore? We are left with Davis again with NOTHING else. We've been lucky with injuries so far, compared to other teams. It IS possible for 2 players to get injured you know. 

AEG is fine attacking right. Played more on the right for Villa than left. Every club in PL would struggle with these hypothetical multiple injuries. What if Liverpool lost Salah and Mane. What if what if what if. This is just unnecessary self flagellation 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

AEG is fine attacking right. Played more on the right for Villa than left. Every club in PL would struggle with these hypothetical multiple injuries. What if Liverpool lost Salah and Mane. What if what if what if. This is just unnecessary self flagellation 

They would have minamino, Curtis Jones, shaqiri, origi, firmino, diogo Jota fighting it out. 

Lets say we lose Watkins and Grealish (picking our 2 most important players as you did with Liverpool) we have left, traore, el ghazi, trez and Davis.

Slight difference there, don't you think. I think 90% of premier League clubs have more options than us going forward. Name another premier league club and I'll do the same for you if you like. 

It's not 'self flagellation' at all, it's trying to give us the best chance of progression. Why do you seem so against the idea of giving us a bigger, better squad to help us progress?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

They would have minamino, Curtis Jones, shaqiri, origi, firmino, diogo Jota fighting it out. 

Lol absolute junk right there. But that's what happens if you try to play the best 11 most weeks like they do and Spurs Arsenal Manure etc

2 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Why do you seem so against the idea of giving us a bigger, better squad to help us progress?

Not against it at all but we've got to run before we can walk. Klopp took several years to assemble the squad not coming off the back of near relegation and FFP to deal with and Liverpool brand unfortunately is massive draw relative to us

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lol absolute junk right there. But that's what happens if you try to play the best 11 most weeks like they do and Spurs Arsenal Manure etc

Don't even get this to be honest? All of those players are better than Davis and el ghazi. Possibly trez. Look it's a silly argument. We're talking numbers here and how short we are with a couple of injuries based on how sarcastic you are to people suggesting we bring in a striker. I feel like my job is done here as I've proven, with your assistance, how short we are with a couple of injuries. 

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Jizz aside, what about a bid tomorrow for Adam Armstrong?  Young, potential and currently scoring goals aplenty in the Championship.  

Definitely @ferguson1

I mentioned him on here in September..

He's having a great season and is improving all the time. Really good player.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mjvilla said:

Don't even get this to be honest? All of those players are better than Davis and el ghazi. Possibly trez. Look it's a silly argument. We're talking numbers here and how short we are with a couple of injuries based on how sarcastic you are to people suggesting we bring in a striker. I feel like my job is done here as I've proven, with your assistance, how short we are with a couple of injuries. 

I think most are overrated shite. Always rated El Ghazi even when he got crucified by some. Let's see how Spurs and Leicester do without Kane and Vardy if we're benchmarking. Leicester have goals in midfield just like we do. It's just complaining for the sake of complaining like the hysterical shrieking on match thread about subs like people willing an equaliser so can say told you so

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Jizz aside, what about a bid tomorrow for Adam Armstrong?  Young, potential and currently scoring goals aplenty in the Championship.  

Yes mate.

He is a very good striker and has been having a very good season.

I mentioned him the other day there in response to a good post made by @John a few pages back.

I know @Villan4Life has highly rated him for a few months too.

• Like 3

We now only have 23 players in our squad (excluding youth) 2 of those haven’t played in a year and one is Steer. Not a slight but meant as 3rd choice keeper. Trust Lange, Mackenzie, Purslow & Smith completely. One more would be nice though...