Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

29 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I can't believe anyone's seriously suggesting replacing Targett. Him and Cash are 2 of the most effective FBs in the league

Not replace him but we do need a left back and we should be looking at a left back better or as good as Targett. Thats how the squad improves and for every position

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Not replace him but we do need a left back and we should be looking at a left back better or as good as Targett. Thats how the squad improves and for every position

We have the Wales international left back as backup option to a LB who will get an England call up pretty soon.

2 minutes ago, darrenm said:

We have the Wales international left back as backup option to a LB who will get an England call up pretty soon.

He is as much if a Wales International these days as saying Wayne Rooney is an England international 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Unfortunately Bayern are said to be looking at a buy-back clause. If it could happen without then i'm all for it. 

I think that if we wanted the player, then a buy-back clause may well be worth looking at, if it got us a player, that we would not have otherwise been able to sign. That would be as long as the buy-back fee reflected the potential future worth of the player. It has worked with Manchester City and Douglas after all. 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Jordan Amavi only got 6 months left on his Marseille contract. 

Anyone have him back? 

I wonder how he himself, would look at the prospect of a return to us? I like others, am happy with our current starter myself and would be looking to bring in a young player, who would not expect to be an immediate challenger for a starting place instead. 

I feel our greatest need is for a centre back to step straight in beside Konsa.

Ans much as I like him, I think we would benefit from a centre forward to take the heat off Watkins.

The left back position needs strengthening. Tayler completely changes the way we play.

9 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I feel our greatest need is for a centre back to step straight in beside Konsa.

Ans much as I like him, I think we would benefit from a centre forward to take the heat off Watkins.

The left back position needs strengthening. Tayler completely changes the way we play.

Hause has performed exceptionally in the last 3 games he's played. I did want a centre back before I saw him play those games, but since then I think we have other priorities... primarily a striker. Wouldn't say no to a cb, but not if we can only sign one decent player. 

it is clear Dean doesn't trust Davis, and if he's not going to give him game time then there's no way he's improving so this has become the priority for me.

A new left back would be up there on my list but given we have Taylor it's not a priority for me.  Can't see an injury to Targett being the difference between a mid table finish (8-12th) and....a mid table finish. With him or without him,  that's where we're likely to finish. 

Without Watkins we're at risk of finishing below 12th. With an alternative to Watkins to turn a draw to a win or a loss to a draw, we could be finishing top 6. That's how big a difference I think that position would make. 

Apparently Turkish side Kasimpasa (the club we signed Trezeguet from) has a player named Anil Koc. Now I have never seen him play but I think you'll all agree we need to sign him.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Jordan Amavi only got 6 months left on his Marseille contract. 

Anyone have him back? 

I would definitely be interested, but just not sure how he'd fit in with Targett.

though there has been a decent amount of social media clamoring for us to resign him 

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Turkish side Kasimpasa (the club we signed Trezeguet from) has a player named Anil Koc. Now I have never seen him play but I think you'll all agree we need to sign him.

Kenneth Williams GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Obligatory

• Like 1

We need a striker/centre forward and this should be our January priority. If the right player isn’t available then fair enough but other positions can wait surely.

Davis just isn’t the right back up to Watkins and he needs a loan to a Championship club.  

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Where's all the bullshit Twitter rumours? 

Well apparently Emi Martinez has written "Welcome to Birmingham" as a reply to a Instagram post by Hector Bellerin. Sure this spark some bullshit.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Well apparently Emi Martinez has written "Welcome to Birmingham" as a reply to a Instagram post by Hector Bellerin. Sure this spark some bullshit.

Bellerin getting a dream move to Birmingham City I see...

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Arsenal talent + Villa camarderie/team spirit = WOW

wouldn't mind Baka, Smith-Rowe or Tierney

7 minutes ago, sne said:

It’s true... but the reasons are obvious. I like Bellerin though, good player. But we don’t need him as we have CASHYY...

(for those who are unsure as to what the reasons are, Arsenal played away at West Brom the other day, and Bellerin posted a pic of himself on the frosty pitch).