Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Just now, penguin said:

That’s a disgrace. There s no doubt shit like this is turning people off the sport, it’s like they look for any excuse.

honestly this. I though VAR would be a good idea at first, but the way it's being used it's just ruining the joy of the sport. I want it to go away so badly.

Starts watching,  sees great goal chalked off for ridiculous "Player blocking keepers view" when clearly the keeper was looking around the side of Barkley & could not have stopped it regardless...... Turns it off having lost all interest as VAR ruins another game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

When you can’t celebrate a goal anymore, you have to question how it’s improving the game. 

I don’t know one person who wants it. Not one. 

It's **** shit. I usually don't celebrate much after last year. Let myself go a bit for that one, and have feel like a clearing in the woods now for trying to enjoy football. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Come on thats ridiculous he didnt interfere at all

That's not true though

He's stood 2 yards in front of the keeper, 6 yards from goal and the ball misses him by a few cm

Its impossible not to be interfering, if you're close enough to the ball or the opponent to impact their ability to play the ball then you are interfering 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

When you can’t celebrate a goal anymore, you have to question how it’s improving the game. 

I don’t know one person who wants it. Not one. 

It's not VAR, it's the idiots running VAR.  All the other leagues who use it do not have consistently stupid decisions like this one being made.

• Like 1