Match Thread: Arsenal v Villa

limpid

Even if the law states X. It comes down to interpretation. If the referee does not determine that Barkley does not interfere in play, it falls on to the VAR officials to show that. How could they possibly? It is an absolute joke of a system.

Something that has happened by stealth for me is I just genuinely don't cheer goals any more since VAR. 

It's like watching a different sport. Still care about my team but my intensity and enjoyment during a live game is 10%ish what it used to be.

Not even cheering your own team scoring a beautiful goal like that against Arsenal in the first minute. Bleh.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

He's had one good game for us. Needs to up his game seriously.

Some people suggested other players who s could have signed for 33 million that would have done better.....

on a more serious note his service needs to be better

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's not true though

He's stood 2 yards in front of the keeper, 6 yards from goal and the ball misses him by a few cm

Its impossible not to be interfering, if you're close enough to the ball or the opponent to impact their ability to play the ball then you are interfering 

The ball isn’t staying out of the net even if Martinez was still in the Arsenal goal as well as Leno, so it doesn’t matter if Barkley sat on his face let alone stood not in front of him - Barkley being nearby didn’t affect the end result, i.e. he didn’t interfere.

• Like 2