England v Rep of Ireland/Belgium v England/England v Iceland

andykeenan

8 hours ago, av1 said:

Agreed. Compare what we saw tonight to this.

Pickford

TAA  Maguire  Ming's  Chilwell

Winks   Rice

Sterling     Jack       Rashford

Kane

Manager - New

That's not far off what I'd go with. If it needs to be a bit less attacking take out Rashford, with Grealish going out there and Mount in the middle.

Not sure who I'd pick as the CB pairing but it would definitely be a 4. I guess Maguire is a certainty, not sure I'd have him in but don't think he is being replaced.

England last night was like us last season, Grealish running the show, know threat from anyone else, Kane excluded maybe.

Play the team above and even the fans and pundits (well Danny Murphy) who are still criticising won't be a be able to moan about Grealish not actually getting a goal or assist, will having absolutely nothing left.

I didn't see any of the Irish game (on purpose as this Ireland team is so poor it's sad) but I did see most of the Belgium game and Grealish ran the show. 

I think we are going to have an issue holding on to him in the next 12 months. I'm not talking about Man United or Aresnal anymore but Barca, Real, Munich, etc. He has shown over the last year that there is no level he can't play at. 

Gareth's like that kid who's found an awesome toy in the attic that he has owned for the last 5 years but never realised it was awesome. He'll **** knacker it out now over-using it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BOF said:

Gareth's like that kid who's found an awesome toy in the attic that he has owned for the last 5 years but never realised it was awesome. He'll **** knacker it out now over-using it. 

If he does play Jack for more than 45 mins then he's just confirming what a hopeless manager he is . The likes of Sterling will play for their clubs straight after the international break , well rested and still guaranteed to start for England when the important games start next summer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tinker said:

If he does play Jack for more than 45 mins then he's just confirming what a hopeless manager he is.

Exactly. It would be interesting to get an explanation from him on how someone goes from struggling to be picked for the squad, to needing to work on things to now undroppable, all within a couple of weeks. It's almost as if he either missed something that was staring him in the face, or avoided it out of sheer stubbornness.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BOF said:

Exactly. It would be interesting to get an explanation from him on how someone goes from struggling to be picked for the squad, to needing to work on things to now undroppable, all within a couple of weeks. It's almost as if he either missed something that was staring him in the face, or avoided it out of sheer stubbornness.

You know the answer to that already. 

On 15/11/2020 at 22:24, paul514 said:

I'd have Henderson or Phillips before Winks

I'd love to be able to shove it in the faces of all these new Grealish fans by saying you could have had him in the team for the last few years!

Yep, that formation with Henderson and Phillips instead of Winks and Rice for me. Oh and Pickford in the **** sea. Put Nick Pope or Henderson in there.

When you think we'd then have the likes of Sancho, Greenwood, Ings, DCL, Foden and Maddison as backup, the front 6 positions is very exciting for England

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

On 15/11/2020 at 22:15, av1 said:

Agreed. Compare what we saw tonight to this.

Pickford

TAA  Maguire  Ming's  Chilwell

Winks   Rice

Sterling     Jack       Rashford

Kane

Manager - New

I Like It GIF by memecandy

As for the team, I wish we had better then Pickford.

24 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

As for the team, I wish we had better then Pickford.

We do imo. Last season Dean Henderson was amongst the best keepers in the league as far as the stats for stopping expected goals go, Pickford was second worst ahead of Kepa IIRC.

Unfortunately he's now benched but even then, Pope is better than Pickford. I've seen it suggested that Pickford is ahead by virtue of his ability with his feet but for England he almost exclusively knocks it long when under even the slightest amount of pressure so that shouldn't really matter.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

We do imo. Last season Dean Henderson was amongst the best keepers in the league as far as the stats for stopping expected goals go, Pickford was second worst ahead of Kepa IIRC.

Unfortunately he's now benched but even then, Pope is better than Pickford. I've seen it suggested that Pickford is ahead by virtue of his ability with his feet but for England he almost exclusively knocks it long when under even the slightest amount of pressure so that shouldn't really matter.

I agree and a fit Heaton is better too imo. 

Pickford has his moments but overall he is a car crash waiting to happen, few mistakes more and Ancelotti might stick Olsen, what do England do then?

Henderson should have stayed where he was as like you I think he is probably the best of the 3 and regular game time is what he needs to prove it.

Edit, I feel the same way about MaGuire too, very overrated, if its a 3 then Coady and Mings pick themselves +1 and if its a back 4 its Mings and probably still Coady for me.

Edited by Phil Silvers

5 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Surely Mount will be CM and Foden Attacking mid?

Jack hopefully have a free role behind Kane using full width of the pitch. 
I agree about Mount, he’d probably look even better in centre mid and adds a bit more balance to the side.

Â