England v Rep of Ireland/Belgium v England/England v Iceland

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I think England look so much better without Rashford and Sterling

Agree

You take the pace out of the wing positions and the balls over the top in to the channels has gone with them 

We're coming inside trying to play football, the thing being that they can't chase long balls down but the likes of grealish, Mount and foden are capable of quick explosive movement, there is still an element of speed there its just used less often and better 

Another decent performance from Jack who was possibly heading for MOTM (possibly Mount) before Foden struck twice. Sancho looked lively albeit against a weary Iceland side. Took the shine off Jack's performance but it could be a good thing for Villa, he knows he has fierce competition in the England squad so needs to keep firing on all cylinders. He won the free-kick for the first goal, played a huge part in the lead up to the second and those moments made it easy for England. 

The formation didn't suit Jack, weird watching our defenders (usually McGuire) play so far forward, Saka pushing on just condensed all the space for Jack to play in.

Difficult to pick the best England side at the moment with so many attacking choices. I know he's captain and it ain't going to happen but I wonder if our best eleven would be excluding Kane :ph34r:

I think kane is our get out of jail card, no matter how shit we play the man can score, look at him in the WC didn't play well yet won the golden boot, I just don't think Southgate knows how to use him with his new dropping deep stuff yet, tonight he was also too greedy to come deep, you can't play 10 and then not look for runners past you (even if we have a problem getting runners past him) 

0 England goals this year, got 12 last year 

Â