England v Rep of Ireland/Belgium v England/England v Iceland

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Shomin Geki said:

Kane talking about how much he likes playing with Grealish.  I'd be demanding he plays if I were him.  Two highly intelligent players.

I don't think they linked that well but what it must be like as a striker knowing that if you make a run he'll try and find you

The crazy thing is that will be said tomorrow is that we look better with 2 proper pacey wingers who run the channels

The fact that that's shit 101 basic garbage football will lost

Grealish, sterling, then sancho maddison mount take your pick with kane ahead of them take on the world 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I don't think they linked that well but what it must be like as a striker knowing that if you make a run he'll try and find you

The crazy thing is that will be said tomorrow is that we look better with 2 proper pacey wingers who run the channels

The fact that that's shit 101 basic garbage football will lost

Grealish, sterling, then sancho maddison mount take your pick with kane ahead of them take on the world 

Yeah, largely agree.  Kane can obviously appreciate another player that shares his vision and intelligence.  I would imagine Kane can see himself not having to playmake from so deep with Grealish.  I imagine the boy is excited at the possibilities.

Some managers you can see what they are trying to achieve and/or the performances have deserved better results.

Southgate is not one of those people. We need to get rid as soon as possible we are wasting such exciting potential under this clueless buffoon.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Southgate has now lost 10 in 48 games, for the record Hodgson lost 8 in 56

The key for England managers is not the number of matches you lose, but whether you lose them to teams that are considered 'embarrassing' to be defeated by. It was considered embarrassing to lose to Iceland and finish behind Wales in the group. 

Rightly or wrongly, losing to Belgium in the Nations League just won't be considered embarrassing.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

England have scored 1 goal from open play in 5 Nations League games

That is absolutely damning isn't it when you consider the players at his disposal and the opposition. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The key for England managers is not the number of matches you lose, but whether you lose them to teams that are considered 'embarrassing' to be defeated by. It was considered embarrassing to lose to Iceland and finish behind Wales in the group. 

Rightly or wrongly, losing to Belgium in the Nations League just won't be considered embarrassing.

There's no foresight with England 

Southgate probably has a really good record to be fair to him 

No one will sit there and say we beat Belgium at home but we were shit and showed no signs of progression and got lucky so should sack him

That's the reality of what we are but jot how international football works 

Â