Match Thread: Villa v Southampton

limpid

Mings has been very poor today and against Leeds. I like him and he's a good player, a great leader too (even though certainly not by example today) but if this run continues I'd genuinely consider dropping him.

Then again, I did think the same at one point last season when he seemed to become similarly complacent, and was soon wishing for him back in the team!

Shocking all round so far though from Villa. We looked so organised in the press early this season but we're all over the place today like we were in the last game. Seems like the players don't know where and when to push up and we're just getting caught out.

Just now, jim said:

Yep a fact it was below the expectations of the board and it was blind luck we stayed up. 

He is far too inconsistent, last season there were far more bad days than good and now look like undoing all that good work in the first four games.

I guess it will be all the players fault as it couldn’t possibly be St Deans fault.

Haha love it. 

Still angry about YOUR team staying up. 

Brilliant. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

😂 - We've got more points than Man City this season even if we lose. Give it a rest.

So the manner in which we are losing, the overall play, and the inevitable sap on confidence, doesn't worry you at all?

We could be 5 down already.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Looks like a expensively assembled house of cards at the moment. The lack of leadership is very worrying.

Those 12 points we got at the start of the season might be what saves us in the end.

10 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Bed time? I'm thinking bed time. So predictable.

Well, I thought I might as well stay up to the end of the half to see if we could get back in it, but that has proven a poor decision. Get Marv on for one of Ross or McGinn and go to a double pivot to at least try to shut up shop, we're getting exposed in much the same areas as last week due to no cover from the midfield.

Just now, jim said:

Yep a fact it was below the expectations of the board and it was blind luck we stayed up. 

He is far too inconsistent, last season there were far more bad days than good and now look like undoing all that good work in the first four games.

I guess it will be all the players fault as it couldn’t possibly be St Deans fault.

Here we go. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

This could be anything. Take away the buzz from the shiny new signings and the reality remains. Smith gets found out horribly when he goes up against tactically smarter managers.

Like Klopp and Brendan Rogers?

• Like 1

What the hell. Was that wall for.the third? Massive gaps either side, just 4 men in.  Ward-Prows must have been looking for Santa in the sky. 

Edited by sidcow

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Ffs! 6 goals conceeded at home in 80 odd minutes. For those of you that thought we had improved defensively, we haven't! These last two performances are as bad as anyhing I saw before the last national lockdown. Another season long struggle awaits us. We flattered to deceive in our first 4 games. Smith has learnt nothing.

How long have you been waiting to post this?

• Like 1

Southampton are all over us. They have their tactic spot on. Grealish, Barkley, McGinn not in the game at all. 

We need to find a way to get up and support Watkins. This could turn embarrassing second half. I think another body in midfield might help.