Man Utd and Liverpool in talks to create FIFA European PL to replace UEFA CL

villalad21

They are at it again folks.

They are brewing their own master plan to become just unbelievably rich so there is no chance for the smaller clubs to compete with them.

Full story here:

https://news.sky.com/story/top-english-clubs-in-bombshell-talks-to-join-european-premier-league-12109175

"A $6bn (£4.6bn) financing package is being drawn up to back the launch of a new European Premier League, Sky News can reveal."

"Liverpool and Manchester United are in talks about a bombshell plot involving Europe's biggest football clubs to join a new FIFA-backed tournament that would reshape the sport's global landscape."

"As many as five English clubs could sign up to join it, with a provisional start date said to have been discussed as early as 2022."

Edited by villalad21

The fact that Man United are involved show that it's all about money rather than sporting merit.

I'm all for it, as long as the English teams who join are permanently disqualified from domestic competition. 

As part of that blueprint, the founder clubs could not be relegated for 20 years, although the remaining teams would be subject to being replaced depending upon their league position at the end of each season.

Honestly, **** these clubs. 

Edited by Davkaus

4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

And away games? Are fans expected to travel abroad for half a season's worth of games? Is that going to work?

Fans in the stadiums are only an inconvenience. It's the TV audience in Asia, America and the middle east that matters.

This format will no doubt introduce time outs, power breaks, more substitutions and maybe 3 periods instead of 2 halves. Gotta cram as much commercials in as possible and the US crowd gets bored easily. Games will start at 12 or 14 to suit the Asian market and games will be played in China, Qatar and the US.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

And away games? Are fans expected to travel abroad for half a season's worth of games? Is that going to work?

Who gives a shit about fans that go to games?

You know the PPV model that'[s started this season? Buckle up.

• Like 1

Unfortunately fans around the world are a stupid bunch of fools who are going to lap this up. Unfortunately FIFA are involved so I hope that the World Cup is boycotted by the FA etc. When the domestic leagues realise that only a few clubs can take part in this league and their revenues drop down they might actually boycott the FIFA tournaments. Hopefully.

Any football association who sanctions this need their entire executive committee sacking. 

It's clearly designed to create a close shop of mega clubs.  That is ONLY good for them and the entire rest of football will suffer.  That has to be against the memorandum of any football association, it has to be for the betterment of football as a whole.

I also note that they are saddling themselves with £6bn of debt to set this up.  £6bn.......It had better work or they will be FUBAR. 

I have no interest in Champions League football as Villa aren't involved.  I wouldn't spend a single penny to watch it.  I know millions will but I do wonder how quickly people will just get bored of it. 

Any league with no promotion or relegation will inevitably stagnate and also teams like Spuds and Arsenal will eventually just become the whipping boys as they will just be small fry. 

You know when we invented the Football League. 

Did we... you know.... decide who we wanted to invite to play in our league? 

ec7f0adbbee0d5e8a48d05edc73d3898.gif

I'd let them rejoin at the bottom rung so National League. 

Also how would the promotion/relegation even work? If you won your domestic league do you have to hope a English team finishes bottom of the SKY SPORTS EURO ELITE LEAGUE to get promoted? 

Â