Man Utd and Liverpool in talks to create FIFA European PL to replace UEFA CL

villalad21

56 minutes ago, Junxs said:

That's just it though, money talks, they will make a deal with UEFA for all members of super league to automatically enter the Champions League. UEFA won't say no to that as it adds more prestige to their tournament so will allow it.

That's why I was making the point of the them playing their reserves in the domestic league as their place in both European competitions will be assured. They will point to the fact that they cant qualify through their domestic leagues as they are also playing in another league. You just know they will come to some kind of arrangement, the greedy  b******s

I think we have to be careful when considering what their "reserves" will be. 

If this works as they anticipate there will be so much money involved that their "reserves" will probably cost more than anything the mortal clubs left in the PL can afford and they'll likely maintain their top 6 positions with their reserves. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The sheer arrogance of Man United is only just dawning on me here I think.

Put aside the fact that they’re not even one of the best teams any more, you see the announcement of their debts today and the losses incurred this past year and it’s not hard to see why they’re pushing this agenda now.

You see any other club in their position would restructure themselves to make them sustainable, but no, not Manchester United, they instead seek to restructure football to make themselves sustainable.

Its sickening really that they’re even allowed to raise such a suggestion.

The only solace is that despite all that enormous cash advantage they have, the name to attract big players, the enormous fan base, they've shown that you can still **** it up entirely with bad management. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The sheer arrogance of Man United is only just dawning on me here I think.

Put aside the fact that they’re not even one of the best teams any more, you see the announcement of their debts today and the losses incurred this past year and it’s not hard to see why they’re pushing this agenda now.

You see any other club in their position would restructure themselves to make them sustainable, but no, not Manchester United, they instead seek to restructure football to make themselves sustainable.

Its sickening really that they’re even allowed to raise such a suggestion.

Don't forget it was David Gill who sold UEFA on FFP

On 20/10/2020 at 18:19, Davkaus said:

The fact that Man United are involved show that it's all about money rather than sporting merit.

I'm all for it, as long as the English teams who join are permanently disqualified from domestic competition. 

Honestly, **** these clubs. 

It’s the sporting equivalent of Hitler burning down the Reichstag 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I see FIFA have distanced themselves from this super league bullshit now, so they’ll have to form a breakaway ‘franchise’ or whatever the heck they’d call it.

Either way if no longer part of FIFA then no longer in the premier league etc

I wouldnt be surprised if another dick Parry leak. Truth is none of the clubs want to comfirm they are the leak

11 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I see FIFA have distanced themselves from this super league bullshit now, so they’ll have to form a breakaway ‘franchise’ or whatever the heck they’d call it.

Either way if no longer part of FIFA then no longer in the premier league etc

Please let them. And let them take their plastic fans with them.

This closed super league proposal/plan is a total outrage. The best response would be to just black them out, don't watch the games, don't subscribe to whatever network has broadcasting rights to it. In no time fans of the "super" clubs will lose interest because it will just be a redundant series of scrimmages devoid of meaning. Promotion/Relegation is the heartbeat of football leagues. This will be nothing more than a glorified MLS.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

This closed super league proposal/plan is a total outrage. The best response would be to just black them out, don't watch the games, don't subscribe to whatever network has broadcasting rights to it. In no time fans of the "super" clubs will lose interest because it will just be a redundant series of scrimmages devoid of meaning. Promotion/Relegation is the heartbeat of football leagues. This will be nothing more than a glorified MLS.

I also think it is a terrible idea but unfortunately I don’t think a boycott would ever get enough support. Look at Newcastle fans trying to arrange a match day boycott in protest against their owners, it just doesn’t catch on.

If there was a break away league it would probably be ok initially but as you say it would likely stagnate over time. 

The problem is that the yanks have a playing base of 24m people, hard to find their viewing base but it's not hard to imagine that the potential is there for the audience in the states to be bigger than it is in the UK 

A glorified MLS plays to the crowd that they want... 

The PL for a long long time now has not been about fans in the stands, we are a tiny market for them, when you throw in Asia as well then the same can be said for European competition and fans, we're outnumbered 

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I agree that it’s a disgrace.

One thing I’d like the premier league to do is oppose it and ban any club that opts to go to the super league from returning to the premier league if it all goes wrong. I wouldn’t allow them to compete in domestic competitions either.

if they want to go then let them but I wouldn’t rush to welcome them back or include them in FA/Premier League fixtures. 

I honestly cannot see local fans wanting this to happen either, this is purely a financial decision based on global tv revenue as not many fans would be able to go on regular away days etc

without true home and away support, the games will become more of a tourist spectacle so will lack that usual match day atmosphere too.

the whole concept is flawed but money is money and they’ll try and push for it to happen

• Like 1

My interesting point of the Super League, with all the Super Clubs, is that the majority of these clubs are used to, or have expectations of winning. 

Only one team can win a league. How will all the "middling" clubs, or "struggling" clubs, deal with not winning?

Barca finishing 14th? Juve perennial runners up? PSG winning everything and the Royalista's of Madrid get fed up? What happens then?

(Personally, I'm happy to **** them all off and watch English football without them - I feel they'll miss us more than we'll miss them).

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

without true home and away support, the games will become more of a tourist spectacle so will lack that usual match day atmosphere too.

the whole concept is flawed but money is money and they’ll try and push for it to happen

They just do not care about anything other then money, they will call it an evolution of the game.

How many fans will go home and away on a regular basis, how many can afford to, it will be for markets that are more profitable then real fans, just think about that, arghhh.

They should as said, just go and never come back.

I can see it only being pool manU manC and Chelsea, that's fine, clear off. Makes my blood boil though that citeh and Chelsea have been mid table at best type clubs for almost all their entire history and have bought trophies and success.

Scumbags.

• Like 1

I think its a great idear.Get rid of these rocket polisher clubs and their dipstick supporters and have a more even Premier league.Might as well get rid of Celtic and Rangers as well and even out the SPL while they are at it.

I have a great idear for the crest that they should wear on their sleeve,this $$$

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I don't know who's dumber, the people pretending to propose the idea, the people pretending the idea might be in some way plausible on television, or me spending 8 minutes of my lunch hour watching them.

• Like 1

We look at Football through the lenses of Villa and being born in Crewe/Exeter/Burton and following lower league football.

What we don't realise is that most of the football world does not care much about Wycombe, Villa, Crystal Palace, Fulham or Middlesbrough.

What most fans in the world (Asia, Most of European countries like Poland, USA, South America) want to see is Juventus vs Man United or Barcelona Vs Liverpool. 

They don't care about FFP, Sky Sports, lawro and his predictions, the FA cup, Saturday 3pm kick off.

Sport is a business and it will favour an option that makes more money. 

Not that I like it, but it's happening.

Â