Man Utd and Liverpool in talks to create FIFA European PL to replace UEFA CL

villalad21

13 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Personally i think more of the top leagues should get more spots. For example the premier league should get 4 automatic spots and 2 qualifier spots and more of the lesser leagues should go into the Champs league qualifiers and not automatically get put into the  Champions league.

I think the top clubs sell the Champions league for what it is and alot of the lesser teams get a free meal ticket/payday which is underserved. Also the current format is set up just to favor a wider European variance among the leagues when clearly alot of the leagues are just a poor standard and are 'just showing up'.

From a Villa fan perspective i see it as a crying shame that some of our players may never get to travel europe and play considering how good they are. But average or shite players get to do it because its fair spreadage of the the euro competition spots.

This is the issue with modern football, rich get richer and poor get ****. Arsenal have done nothing in years domestically or in Europe why should they get more privelige than Ajax or Porto

Thr Champions League is as predictable as the other leagues, since 2009 only one final hasnt featured Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

This is the issue with modern football, rich get richer and poor get ****. Arsenal have done nothing in years domestically or in Europe why should they get more privelige than Ajax or Porto

Thr Champions League is as predictable as the other leagues, since 2009 only one final hasnt featured Real Madrid, Barcelona or Bayern Munich 

I think Ajax and Porto would still get atleast 1 auto spot for there league and a few champions league qualifier spots. I guess to elaborate further i feel the champions league qualifying pool should be made bigger so the cream really does rise to the top.

Said earlier 1 FA 1 vote

UEFA say 6 Premier league teams but 0 from Czech Republic, you think the Czech Republic FA vote for that? 

They have to have some sort of format that dangles a carrot for the lesser nations otherwise it won't pass

And FIFA and UEFA are very good at manipulating this system, the nations league, the euros expansion, the way the CL playoffs work, even the exclusion now of the 4th place PL team from the playoffs... Its all aimed at getting a yes vote from the nations ranked 10th to 40th, the top 10 leagues and countries can be bypassed 

If they have a PL team in a qualifier potentially knocking out the champion from Czech, or Cyprus, or Belarus etc it won't fly 

1 hour ago, KAZZAM said:

i feel the champions league qualifying pool should be made bigger so the cream really does rise to the top.

Well that's certainly how they're trying to fix it. 

4 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I guess to elaborate further i feel the champions league qualifying pool should be made bigger so the cream really does rise to the top.

Why? To have the same 8 teams in the quarters every year? How boring. Its a shame we'll never see Villa or Forest or Steaua Bucharest or PSV or Red Star Belgrade ever win it again. Porto were the last great success story of a smaller nation team wining it. 

You may like it, but not for me I'm afraid. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why? To have the same 8 teams in the quarters every year? How boring. Its a shame we'll never see Villa or Forest or Steaua Bucharest or PSV or Red Star Belgrade ever win it again. Porto were the last great success story of a smaller nation team wining it. 

You may like it, but not for me I'm afraid. 

I'm  not sure you understand what i'm suggesting.

7 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

I'm  not sure you understand what i'm suggesting.

Possibly. It was late at night and I was high on coke zero and hob-nobs. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Personally i think more of the top leagues should get more spots.

Not for me. Imagine if the quarter finals of the champions league had 4 or 5 English/Spanish/Italian teams in it?  

One solution might be to have only 1 team or 1 team plus the two best second places (assuming 6 groups of 4) qualify from the group phase for the last 8. This would mean pretty every group game would matter for the top teams as they won't be able to lose two or three games and still qualify.

• 2 weeks later...

The Liverpool Echo is reporting that the Premier League gave rejected UEFA's plan for 'Swiss option' where teams qualify for the Champions league via their coefficient.

If that's correct, then it's good news, both for us and for football generally.

• Like 2

On 06/02/2021 at 18:15, welnik said:

Err no, Dark all the way. Milk are for gays

I've purchased dark ones today. So, less gay than before :P 

• Haha 1

Â