Ross Barkley

LondonLax

43 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

1. He's cheap

2. He's better than Scott McTominay, who some on here were suggesting we sign in last summer/ this winter

3. He's a different player to the one who we last saw in a Villa shirt (which for context was during the season Keinen Davis made 18 appearances, so yeah a long time ago)

4. It's not even the end of May

5. He's 6'14", which will appease those mentioned in #2

if he's 7 ft 2 ins he can replace olsen 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, QldVilla said:

It’s like Groundhog Day on this site some days. Last year it was Tielemans, this year it’s Barkley.

You would think after 18 months supporters would trust Emery to sought the squad.

Welcome back Ross, hopefully we will see the player that we know you can be.

But but but the fans always know best, don't forget!

• Haha 1

Has he stopped partying during season? Will he stay motivated and not be a negative influence in the squad even when he's 5th choice? If so then I have no real issue with signing him a the very cheap on a sensible short contract and see what he can do.

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Has he stopped partying during season? Will he stay motivated and not be a negative influence in the squad even when he's 5th choice? If so then I have no real issue with signing him a the very cheap on a sensible short contract and see what he can do.

Hopefully kick the ball into the other teams net and/or stop the other team kicking the ball into our net.

1 hour ago, Vancvillan said:

1. He's cheap

2. He's better than Scott McTominay, who some on here were suggesting we sign in last summer/ this winter

3. He's a different player to the one who we last saw in a Villa shirt (which for context was during the season Keinen Davis made 18 appearances, so yeah a long time ago)

4. It's not even the end of May

5. He's 6'14", which will appease those mentioned in #2

No1 for me should be he played under a tactical inept manager when he was last here.  To get best out of players like him, everyone needs to know what they are doing 

You would think we are going to make him our record signing or at least the main one in summer. He is a 2 mil ( apparently ) buy to help build up the squad whilst we working within PSR /FFP

• Haha 1

i wonder how the Club is going to announce this? Are they going to try and do it where they hide all Castor branding or are they going to do it a generic Adidas clobber, or actually wait until the kit is out! 

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Given the communication method of the club currently, we’ll find out he’s joined on the first team sheet of preseason.

That soon? I can’t wait 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Given the communication method of the club currently, we’ll find out he’s joined on the first team sheet of preseason.

He will be moved to the bench due to GA+ admittance.

• Haha 3

I'm fine with Barkley, he's had a good season in a struggling team and not too far off an England call.

Emery WILL improve him too, although possibly not a regular starter he could be a very good acquisition.

Smart move in my opinion.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

In that photograph, I can imagine him saying “listen to them the children of the night what music they make”

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 2

Based on everything about his last time in the shirt, it's impossible to feel this is inspiring.  But he's cheap, he's been playing better, we have a better manager, we need cover in the midfield.  Sure.  I'll trust Emory a whole lot more than my sense of inspiration.

• Like 3

Some presuming Emery doesn't rate Iroegbunam just because he didn't use him much in the run-in, but maybe he just didn't think he was ready, he's still very young for a Premier League player, that Mainoo is playing for Manchester United at eighteen doesn't change that, there will always be a few outliers, it might be that Emery rates his potential, but thinks he needs another loan first, or a move wth buyback, to get more experience, and maybe that's partly why Barkley has been targetted, can come in and do a job whilst Iroegbunam develops and then when/if he returns there will be a place left for him in the squad

I use Iroegbunam as an example, but it could apply to any of our youngsters in the midfield/attacking areas that Emery might rate, Barkley a relative shot-term option whilst they develop

• Like 2

17 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

Based on everything about his last time in the shirt, it's impossible to feel this is inspiring.  But he's cheap, he's been playing better, we have a better manager, we need cover in the midfield.  Sure.  I'll trust Emory a whole lot more than my sense of inspiration.

Barkley may have been a target of some fans' frustrations, but his time here really wasn't that bad.

• Like 1

Â