Ross Barkley

LondonLax

He's got to want to come here.

If he was to turn down a permanent deal and want a loan, I'd run a mile. We need people committed to this. Committed to the extent they'll sign a five year deal like Jack Grealish.

I'd rather a player like Cuisance myself to be honest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Barkley needs to be the main man in a team and playing weak in week out.  This would be such an unbelievable signing. 

Mcginn, Luiz, Barkley

Traoré Watkins, Grealish

Not too shabby.

Bit of a leaky back line there m8

:)

I don't want to get my hopes up because this would be such a monumental signing for us right now, and I imagine there'd be a few clubs in for his signature.

I've got fingers and toes crossed though, as this would have absolute potential to propel us up the league, or into the latter stages of a cup, or even to defy odds and win one.

Honestly, we were expected to improve but if we were to sign any play of Barkley's quality I'd be ecstatic about the football we're to play and where the club is headed.

6 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

For goodness sake get a grip.  He's not coming to villa.  Wages of £120k. Would cripple us for ffp.

Do you have on record how many players we can have on that salary, or do you think there’s something in the reports of wages shared with Chelsea, or just as simple as everyone needing to get a grip? :)

(It’s unlikely to happen but I don’t think wages will be the stumbling block myself).

13 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

For goodness sake get a grip.  He's not coming to villa.  Wages of £120k. Would cripple us for ffp.

One of the reasons we raised Grealish's salary was so that we can start bringing players in at higher salaries. It's a necessary part of growth in this league.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If you’re an English player right now, there surely can’t be many better places to be than Aston Villa. Look at the English talent we got going on...

Cash, Konsa, Mings, Watkins, Grealish. 

Then you have Scotsmen SJM in the mix too. 

Just feels like a good place to be right now and to be part of a close knit bunch. 

True. Villa have always maintained a British core when other clubs have lost that identity,  like Arsenal etc.

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

True. Villa have always maintained a British core when other clubs have lost that identity,  like Arsenal etc.

Yet clubs without a British core win trophies. Couldn't care less where they're from as long as they're winners and good.

However Barkley is a decent player. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Yet clubs without a British core win trophies. Couldn't care less where they're from as long as they're winners and good.

However Barkley is a decent player. Lol.

Torn on this. Agree with what you’re saying but it means more to me when players like Grealish and Ramsey are breaking in. Depends if you think part of a club is being a local community institution. But whether English/British or not I don’t care so much.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Torn on this. Agree with what you’re saying but it means more to me when players like Grealish and Ramsey are breaking in. Depends if you think part of a club is being a local community institution. But whether English/British or not I don’t care so much.

Oh don't get me wrong I'd love to see us win with 11 local lads born in Witton all season ticket holders from generations of Villa fans. But the reality is it's not going to happen and let's face it England haven't won anything since '66 either. But I understand what you were saying.

Are Chelsea going to let Barkley and Loftus Cheek go in same window?

I know they're well stocked in midfield but it only takes a few injuries and suddenly you need those types.

Barkley again made the bench tonight while Loftus Cheek didn't and Lampard confirmed he can go out on loan so would say that's the more likely one unless we don't have any interest in him.

Â