Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

Targett, McGinn and Grealish all on four yellows.

does the five mean they’d miss the FA Cup game or the league game after if they get booked against United? 

don’t really want all three booked in the same game...

7 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Targett, McGinn and Grealish all on four yellows.

does the five mean they’d miss the FA Cup game or the league game after if they get booked against United? 

don’t really want all three booked in the same game...

That usually expires around end of December. Pretty sure Jack got 5 yellows this time last year but didn't miss a match.

I assume with later start middle of Jan is cut off so probably two more league games to avoid cards.

Barkley returning could at least fill the void for one game.

Edited by VillaChris

I've never seen a fanbase react as badly to a draw as these plastic ****. It just ay fair!

When they're getting angry about us taking points intead of condescendingly telling us it's a good point for us and well done, you know we're starting to worry them.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That usually expires around end of December. Pretty sure Jack got 5 yellows this time last year but didn't miss a match.

I assume with later start middle of Jan is cut off so probably two more league games to avoid cards.

Cut off is 19 games.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is that 19 round of games or when we get to that number? As we're at disadvanted with two fewer games played so don't think we'll get up to 19 until start of February.

It's not a disadvantage. It's not like he's risking getting yellow cards in weeks we don't play.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's not a disadvantage. It's not like he's risking getting yellow cards in weeks we don't play.

Would be odd for our players to be at risk of bans but our opponents not to be though. I’d assume it’s the 19th game week of the season rather than when we’d played 19 games.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, useless said:

I had a feeling we'd draw 1-1, but I thought Watkins would get the goal, just had a feeling it was going to be exactly the same result as the Palace v Leicester, Wolves v Spurs, and Liverpool V Albion games. We're on a miraculous run of form at the moment, but I don't consider us title challengers, need to keep this form up for a good while longer yet to even be considered as champions league contenders.

If we finish top half we will have had a good season, although obviously even better if we can achieve more than that.

You said it would be miraculous if we got anything from it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I managed to find details 

Jack Grealish (£7.8m) moved to within one booking of a suspension after collecting his fourth yellow card of the season against Crystal Palace.

Aston Villa play their 19th fixture in Gameweek 21, and Grealish must avoid picking up another yellow card before Gameweek 22 in order to evade a ban.

So you’d be right if it was a bormal

season as we would have played 18/19 games by now but as it stands Targett, McGinn and Grealish need to avoid a yellow card for another 5 games. That’s unlikely 

Edited by kidlewis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

I had a feeling we'd draw 1-1, but I thought Watkins would get the goal, just had a feeling it was going to be exactly the same result as the Palace v Leicester, Wolves v Spurs, and Liverpool V Albion games. We're on a miraculous run of form at the moment, but I don't consider us title challengers, need to keep this form up for a good while longer yet to even be considered as champions league contenders.

If we finish top half we will have had a good season, although obviously even better if we can achieve more than that.

Eh? That wasn’t what you said before this game...c’mon be fair mate, it’s there in black and white a few pages back 🤔

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

With the spate of COVID positive tests it would be just our luck for the season to be suspended again now.

Kinda poetic too though given that the first suspension appears to have turned our fortunes.

Can't see season being stopped. If situation gets really bad in January I suspect on the quiet more rich and famous people will skip the queue and all premier league players will get vaccine end of Jan/early Feb.

Would probably make sense anyway given there's an international break end of March and the last one caused some issues.

• Thanks 1

Â