Title chase 2020/2021

villalad21

Imo only a complete national shutdown, not this tiered nonsense will result in the league being suspended or voided. And even then I'd doubt it. No doubt the PL will be buying vaccinations..

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Imo only a complete national shutdown, not this tiered nonsense will result in the league being suspended or voided. And even then I'd doubt it. No doubt the PL will be buying vaccinations..

I think if there's a move to end the season early it'll come from the clubs or the league, not be imposed by government - it'll come down to fixture congestion - if we can get through the next couple of weeks we should hopefully be okay.

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pretty scary that so can understand how people always think things will start going wrong soon.

I wasn't around for the 80s or early 90s but can still remember seasons like 96/97 where finishing 5th was seen as big underachievement then the Gregory years where finishing 7th was huge disappointment.

And without sounding too much like an old fart, it's probably that age group that are more active on platforms like Instagram and those silly Facebook pages. So it's easy to understand how negativity can sometimes take over. 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think if there's a move to end the season early it'll come from the clubs or the league, not be imposed by government - it'll come down to fixture congestion - if we can get through the next couple of weeks we should hopefully be okay.

But wouldn't that just be similar to the 5 subs situation in that some clubs will want it and other won't depending on how their respective seasons are going? 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

But wouldn't that just be similar to the 5 subs situation in that some clubs will want it and other won't depending on how their respective seasons are going? 

I guess so yes. It'll be a mess if we have many more postponements.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess so yes. It'll be a mess if we have many more postponements.

I also wonder how stringently these reports are verified at the PL. For instance, I'm sure the likes of Big Sam would love a ten day break. 

36 minutes ago, av1 said:

I also wonder how stringently these reports are verified at the PL. For instance, I'm sure the likes of Big Sam would love a ten day break. 

I think most teams are realising that a ten day break now might mean two games in three days later. I really don't think team will be deliberately seeking postponement. 

on average PPG we are currently joint 4th.

Liverpool - 2.13

Man Utd - 2.00

Everton - 1.93

Villa/Man City - 1.85

Leicester - 1.81

Spurs - 1.73

Chelsea/Southampton - 1.62

Amazingly Sheff Utd's avg. ppg is 0.125.

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I hadn’t heard the pre/post game week 19 plan, that’s very interesting.

Yep. Be very good for us if it went on another month and then from there we would be in the mix somewhere in the top half on PPG whatever happens...

5 hours ago, rubberman said:

Assuming we manage to finish the season, it could be anywhere from 3rd to 10th now

I think people are getting carried away... I am hopeful we can keep this run going and challenge Europe but equally we are only three points ahead of 11th with teams like Arsenal further back but very capable of making up six points on us. Anyone assuming top half is a given is getting ahead of themselves. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, av1 said:

And on the button, he loses 5-0 and the headline on BBC is Sam Allardyce calls for “circuit break”.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Scrap both cups immediately to save leagues

From a Villa PoV.. NO.

The fact that we are not in the cups and are doing well im a congested league where all of the teams had poor pre seasons? No leave the cups going. Get them all ragged.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, av1 said:

In Sam's defence, hes 66, a pretty at risk population, similar for Roy Hodgson. While an extended break will suit his team (let's not chuck stones here, I seem to recall we benefitted from one of these) he will I'm sure have his own health in the back of his mind.

Â