Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

38 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Bert is a top player. If you want to play him, Jack and Ollie you just need to ensure you have a three in the middle to protect the back 4. Ross should never be part of that 3

Nail on the head. It's a bit like Liverpool having the front 3 and also going with Ox-Chamberlain and Shaqiri in midfield trio. Or Man. United playing the 3 strikers and then Pogba and Bruno Fernandes in the middle three.

Looks incredibly exciting but the balance isn't quite there when out of posession.

Think hard working middle trio is way to go for next few weeks.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

There should have been a yellow for him. He tried getting up a few times. Absolute knob. Then he wants to start a fight.

Yeah should have been carded the dickhead! Doug got a yellow for literally nothing! 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Your entitled to an opinion so no need to apologise 

But it would be more constructive if you told me what was wrong with my post / critic of how he suits the team balance . You think it’s coincidental that teams target that flank ? That other players have  to bollock him every game for not tracking back  , that Smith takes him off more of them than not because we are being over run in that area ?

the role Smith wants him to play doesn’t suit him IMO 

Because I don't agree with any of your points tbh. Teams target that side because Cash is a weaker defender than Targett, Traore tracks back a lot, I don't recall him being bollocked by anyone and he gets taken off because he's tired from all the effort he puts in. 

The only players who have contributed more in terms of goals and assist are Watkins and Grealish. He's a good player, fits in well and is an important member of the team. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Sorry but the comments about getting rid of him already are embarrassing. 

has been embarrassing since before he signed, he is clearly our  2nd best technical player after Jack, some people just have a vendetta because they didnt want him because some Lyon twitter fans said he was shit

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some folk are borderline willing him not to be good because they decided to take a few Lyon fans word as gospel and because he wasn't Benrahma or Rashica (both of whom he's been better than this season fwiw). Glad he's won most over though, quality player and you can see he's been putting the work in too.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Traore is class, he's working a lot harder defensively now.

I echo the sentiment that he should be the man we look to in the absence of Grealish.

Schmeichel also was out of order for basically pinning him down after he scored.

What on earth was Schmeichel doing?? I wondered at the time. Bert scored a good goal and had a reaction against him for no reason. 

There was one bit on the right hand side where he took on 2 and drove 60 yards up the pitch. We literally have no other players (apart from jack) that can go past a player like that.

Which amazes me when I see people saying he should be dropped for trez. Yes, let's drop our best creative player (we have available), the only player that can open up a defence, the only player that can properly take a player on, probably the player with the best delivery... All for someone because they work hard. Makes me lose faith in this game being .... Entertainment. With the object being to score goals to win games.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jimmygreaves said:

Bertie should play on the left with Grealish out. He'll have strong defensive cover from Target. 

Trez should play on the right and his industry would go a long way to help Elmo.

Couldn't disagree more, he'd be half the player on the left. Just like Anwar is half the player on the right, and just like Robben would have been half the player on the left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

What on earth was Schmeichel doing?? I wondered at the time. Bert scored a good goal and had a reaction against him for no reason. 

There was one bit on the right hand side where he took on 2 and drove 60 yards up the pitch. We literally have no other players (apart from jack) that can go past a player like that.

Which amazes me when I see people saying he should be dropped for trez. Yes, let's drop our best creative player (we have available), the only player that can open up a defence, the only player that can properly take a player on, probably the player with the best delivery... All for someone because they work hard. Makes me lose faith in this game being .... Entertainment. With the object being to score goals to win games.

Is that when he was tight against the touchline? Great bit of a skill to deftly knock the ball ahead of two opposing players.

I wonder if he could play in Barkley's position, Trezeguet on the right and El Ghazi left-side? 

Would be better protection for Elmohamady too.

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

5 goals in his last 12 league games.

Not sure how many assists but he's played a good part in many of the goals we've scored since December.

Not really sure what people expect when Trez is all heart but badly lacks composure infront of goal and with the final pass, Barkley hasn't done anything since he came back from injury and AEG had a run of 4-5 games and has reverted back to the incredibly frustrating player he is.

Who exactly is he being judged against? If every single attacking player we have is being compared to Grealish then that's too high a barometer for where we currently are as a club, last few weeks have shown we'll be well short of top 6 by end of the season.

It's quite funny when you don't agree when the samme argument is applied to AEG about involvement in goals

4 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Is that when he was tight against the touchline? Great bit of a skill to deftly knock the ball ahead of two opposing players.

I wonder if he could play in Barkley's position, Trezeguet on the right and El Ghazi left-side? 

Would be better protection for Elmohamady too.

Trez and El Ghazi in the team, though 😬

Â