Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

I don't really get the he's lazy in tracking back and defending. Sure he's not as energetic as Trez but, and without having seen any numbers on this, I'd say he tracks back about as much as Grealish. I see Targett left to deal with one on ones as often as Cash to be honest.

Also my view, his tracking back is ok but his defensive organisation is poor. I'm just not convinced he naturally knows where to be. My expectations defensively are much lower than others. We signed him to play in a front 3 or as a second striker. We play with a back 4 and generally 2 defensive midfielders. I'm not sure why he needs to be constantly stood next to Matt Cash.

4 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Any player that tries the outrageous things Bertie does is likely to be inconsistent.  Anyone who does the outrageous and consistently does it without fail, is called Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, and costs over £500m

fair comment.

• Thanks 1

I think he’s made improvements in the defensive side of his game recently sure he gets things wrong but he’s showing effort an willingness, it’s easy to take this guy the wrong way simply because he’s a laid back character off the field. I don’t think his first interview on Villa Tv made a good on impression as he was almost half asleep 😂, but on the field he seems switched on to me .

11 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I don't really get the he's lazy in tracking back and defending. Sure he's not as energetic as Trez but, and without having seen any numbers on this, I'd say he tracks back about as much as Grealish. I see Targett left to deal with one on ones as often as Cash to be honest.

I'm of the belief that a player like him should spend most of his energy going forward anyway. He comes back and applies pressure to help Cash, and that's probably enough.

11 hours ago, Keyblade said:

One of my favorite goals in recent years. Up there with McGinn's volley and Van Persie's header. Aesthetically, you could watch that angle from behind him over and over again.

I loved the Newcastle one. The first touch and pass out to Grealish, the run into the box to receive the 1-2 and the way he just caressed it into the net. It just looked so silky and smooth. On his "weak foot", no less.

• Like 1

Not great tonight, didn't seems to get very involved, weather that's down to him or to the team not seeming bothered to attack down the right. 

But for me he keeps his place against most teams as he offers so much more than anyone else on that flank. 

Some of his passes were shocking tonight. I actually lost count of the number of times he, McGinn, Barkley, Luiz & Grealish either mis-controlled the football or gave it straight to a Brighton player within 2 touches. No wonder they had so much possession. On occasion it was down to their pressing which they are decent at yes but more often than not it was completely avoidable & self inflicted. It is happening way to often recently too. As well as tonights horror show I can remember similar poor play against Man U (a) in the 1st half especially, Southampton (a), Arsenal (h), West Ham (h) and we even threw the game away at Burnley with similar shoddy/careless play. That tonight however was on a new disturbing level. 

We got away with (stole) a point tonight and scraped wins at Southampton & home to Arsenal, but that was down to our top class Keeper & defending. Not a surprise that Cash has done his hamstring with all the turning he has to do when Traore passes the ball straight to one of their players in a dangerous position as he kept doing tonight. One of them was shocking when he ran back from a decent attacking position back into out half and then played a perfect through ball to their player! Amateurish. Poor Cash was in the throws of running forward thinking we were attacking then suddenly he's having to U-Turn to try & cover the mistake..... It did not improve throughout the game.

We will start to get punished soon against the likes of Leicester & Leeds if we don't improve massively very quickly!

He was garbage tonight apart from one ball to Grealish. He never wins a tackle, he gives the ball away often and to be honest hes like that in most games, and we think hes ok because he produces moments of brilliance. its ok to have one player like that in the team but we have 2. 

Doesn’t suit our team and the way we play , leaves the right back horribly exposed and even when he does track back it’s powder puff stuff .

undoubtedly has some skill but 90% of the time he’s like a giraffe on roller skates .

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Doesn’t suit our team and the way we play , leaves the right back horribly exposed and even when he does track back it’s powder puff stuff .

undoubtedly has some skill but 90% of the time he’s like a giraffe on roller skates .

😀 I think we need to get rid of of him and Barkley. Neither are right for us

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Don't press. Disappears out of games.

Pops up with flash of brilliance every now and then.

I think we can get so much better than this guy. 

I thought he showed desire to get there and actually tried to get something out of the game, Barkley on the other hand was rubbish seems to think he’s better than the rest 

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 2

Easy to jump on this guy as he comes across as a lax character,  his application on the pitch is fine it just doesn’t come naturally to him, he could run around like a headless chicken like Trez and give fouls in silly areas and lose the ball in key areas and would probably be applauded for it

Edited by gwi1890
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

One of the most important players to play, it’s Barkley, Trez, El Ghazi that shouldn’t be starting. Get him and Watkins in wings, Ramsey behind Davis.

• Like 1

Overall he's done really well in last two months. Lots of goals and assists. That was what we signed him for....yeah?

Think long run we need to pass up Barkley and give him more creative responsibility in central areas Barkley is currently trusted with.

The template is Dean Smith playing Romaine Sawyers as number 10 at Walsall and Brentford and Traore is similar in terms of his technique and movement.

Use the 25m to get in a more technical upgrade for Trez who can also graft on the right and a better back up striker than Kienan Davis which shouldn't be hard and then it's a decent starting forward line.

He's frustrating at times but I like him, proper match winner who can help lift us to heights El Ghazi and Trez simply won't long term.

• Like 1

I thought Traore was really good today and worked hard the entire game. He's really putting the effort in and while it's not always effective it's more effective that what other players offer. He's great on the ball and with Jack out that's something we need badly. 

• Like 3

Â