Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

3 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

I thought he was ok, but expected him to do a lot more against a 19-year old left back with pratically no experience in Premier League 

The fact he's 19 with no experience doesn't really mean a thing. He had a good game. And so did Traore.

4 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

It's quite funny when you don't agree when the samme argument is applied to AEG about involvement in goals

Yeah fair enough with AEG's form in December which won us many points but I simply don't see his top level being anywhere close to what Traore has.

In two years time I can see us finishing 6th with Traore starting 25 games for us. I can't see us ever finishing that high in the league with El Ghazi as a regular starter, even this season he's started 5 or 6 games so the manager agrees.

Of course you could say Jack has taken his spot over last 12 months but AEG and Grealish were both in same team regularly in promotion run in and for much of the first year up.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah fair enough with AEG's form in December which won us many points but I simply don't see his top level being anywhere close to what Traore has.

In two years time I can see us finishing 6th with Traore starting 25 games for us. I can't see us ever finishing that high in the league with El Ghazi as a regular starter, even this season he's started 5 or 6 games so the manager agrees.

Of course you could say Jack has taken his spot over last 12 months but AEG and Grealish were both in same team regularly in promotion run in and for much of the first year up.

You know the manager can also make the wrong decisions. We saw that this weekend with him substituting AEG for Trez, which I guess we all saw and knew wouldn't work, waiting too long to substitute Barkley and sending Guilbert on loan leaving us with Elmohamedy, so even though the manager makes some decisions, you agrre with, its not necessarily right

Edited by Taxahunter

Just now, Taxahunter said:

You know the manager can also take the wrong decisions. We saw that this weekend with him substituting AEG for Trez, which I guess we all saw and knew wouldn't work, waiting too long to substitute Barkley and sending Guilbert on loan leaving us with Elmohamedy, so even though the manager makes some decisions, you agrre with, its not necessarily right

You genuinely think he has potential to be regular to help us into top 6 in near future? I'd be surprised.

He's played his part in getting us up and despite being hot and cold to keep us up but really in same category as likes of Hourihane and Nakamba, ones we should be looking to move on in summer to keep the funds coming in to improve the squad and first 11 further.

Traore is bona fide first 11 player for me now. Yes he still has some flaws but he's coming along nicely. I'd love to see what he could do in our team playing the exact role Barkley is which dosen't seem to have much defensive responsibility required to it.

17 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

You genuinely think he has potential to be regular to help us into top 6 in near future? I'd be surprised.

He's played his part in getting us up and despite being hot and cold to keep us up but really in same category as likes of Hourihane and Nakamba, ones we should be looking to move on in summer to keep the funds coming in to improve the squad and first 11 further.

Traore is bona fide first 11 player for me now. Yes he still has some flaws but he's coming along nicely. I'd love to see what he could do in our team playing the exact role Barkley is which dosen't seem to have much defensive responsibility required to it.

No, I don't, but I don't think he is as bad as many here would like him to be and he is definately much better than Trez and would look to offload Trez before selling AEG, but I think this is for another thread. I like Traore and I can see his qualitites, but I would expect a player with his experience would have done a lot more against a 19 year old unexperienced left back. Peolpe slate AEG, but he was most of the time on the pitch up against double coverage

Edited by Taxahunter

21 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

One of the most important players to play, it’s Barkley, Trez, El Ghazi that shouldn’t be starting. Get him and Watkins in wings, Ramsey behind Davis.

I was thinking this to, Not Ideal but Watkins workrate along with Ramsey’s energy and skill with Davis hold play could get us through these next games

Since Jack Grealish out of months so this might good idea go look at this; 

I hopefully Wesley back squad soon as possible i would play him starter with centre forward with fake 9 roles or defensive forward, Waktins and Traore in wing and we play as 433 - 4231 - 4312 with fullback turn wingback roles if we play throught centre pass, or fast counter attack, would more effective with this.

Traore have to step in big responsible for us, and need track back often as he is not big work hard hope we coach him to be work hard track back. he will key for us in right side and maybe Trezegaut in left side, we need help out defender to more solid and strong.

it is more flexable tactical play Swap McGinn-Ramsey depend opponent and NM swap with Luiz or Swap Sanson with Ramsey if Wesley didnt back so we have no choice to play Davis maybe play Barry indeed Davis once Barry recovery his injurys.

------E.M.-------
AE-EK-TM-MT
-------NM--------
--MS------AR---
OW----W-----BT

------E.M.-------
AE-EK-TM-MT
---NM---MS-----
-BT--AR---OW-
---------W---------

------E.M.-------
AE-EK-TM-MT
-MS-NM--AR--
---------W---------
---OW----BT---

Traore is 50/50 players like maritime = bad player / brilliant player - he is so hard likeable player for me. hope his defensive work and stop ball give away (he don't only one - McGinn and Recently Barkley) they need stop give ball away. that why Sanson and Ramsey more and more better chance play over both of it.

what I like about him is Traore and Watkins both can player winger and shift to player centre forward to confused centre half as Smith use this when Brentford with Benrahma and Maupay, Waktins.

if we got Abraham for forward with Traore and Watkins will more option to attack better if we not have Grealish.

we got poor winger dept hope we rid El-Ghazi and Trezaguet summer to replacement better winger for left side winger or right midfield and also we need look left foot winger to challenge Traore that we will more strong this season. (Brook and Olise is ideal direct to challenge him more flexiable type that Traore)

21 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Since Jack Grealish out of months so this might good idea go look at this; 

I hopefully Wesley back squad soon as possible i would play him starter with centre forward with fake 9 roles or defensive forward, Waktins and Traore in wing and we play as 433 - 4231 - 4312 with fullback turn wingback roles if we play throught centre pass, or fast counter attack, would more effective with this.

Traore have to step in big responsible for us, and need track back often as he is not big work hard hope we coach him to be work hard track back. he will key for us in right side and maybe Trezegaut in left side, we need help out defender to more solid and strong.

it is more flexable tactical play Swap McGinn-Ramsey depend opponent and NM swap with Luiz or Swap Sanson with Ramsey if Wesley didnt back so we have no choice to play Davis maybe play Barry indeed Davis once Barry recovery his injurys.

------E.M.-------
AE-EK-TM-MT
-------NM--------
--MS------AR---
OW----W-----BT

------E.M.-------
AE-EK-TM-MT
---NM---MS-----
-BT--AR---OW-
---------W---------

------E.M.-------
AE-EK-TM-MT
-MS-NM--AR--
---------W---------
---OW----BT---

Traore is 50/50 players like maritime = bad player / brilliant player - he is so hard likeable player for me. hope his defensive work and stop ball give away (he don't only one - McGinn and Recently Barkley) they need stop give ball away. that why Sanson and Ramsey more and more better chance play over both of it.

what I like about him is Traore and Watkins both can player winger and shift to player centre forward to confused centre half as Smith use this when Brentford with Benrahma and Maupay, Waktins.

if we got Abraham for forward with Traore and Watkins will more option to attack better if we not have Grealish.

we got poor winger dept hope we rid El-Ghazi and Trezaguet summer to replacement better winger for left side winger or right midfield and also we need look left foot winger to challenge Traore that we will more strong this season. (Brook and Olise is ideal direct to challenge him more flexiable type that Traore)

That looks like css grids 

A player who can go from looking like Lionel Messi to a man who has never seen a football before in his life in the blink of an eye. I like him - clearly has bags of ability he just needs to produce it on a regular basis.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Desperate for someone to make a season compilation. They're very entertaining.

My favourite was the through ball to Zaha after 30 seconds against Palace. Or maybe the obscene volleyed cross against Wolves(?). One of the best deliveries I've ever seen.

Yeah we need a compilation of his dodgy clearances ASAP.

On 22/02/2021 at 03:58, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Is that when he was tight against the touchline? Great bit of a skill to deftly knock the ball ahead of two opposing players.

I wonder if he could play in Barkley's position, Trezeguet on the right and El Ghazi left-side? 

Would be better protection for Elmohamady too.

Yup, I think this is how we should play if Deano is insisting on playing a #10 that doesn't do defensive work. Traore is really dangerous. Barkley is currently having trouble keeping the ball moving.

38 minutes ago, Rossi said:

I'd play traore at cf for Leeds game, that would give us the work rate of trez and watkins on the wings, we're gonna need legs for this one 

either on up front and watkins on the wing or...

El Ghazi --- Watkins --- Trez
------------- Traore ---------------
Sanson ----------- Luiz
Targett --- Mings -- Konsa --- Kesler
----------- Martinez

Not sure Trez deserves a start but his work rate would be welcome and Traore in the middle has to be better than Barkley.

• Like 1

Â