Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He was poor but he worked hard and that pitch was appalling. 

It's going to take a run of terrible games for me to want this guy out the team. Love him.

I was legitimately worried about the pitch, did you see all the slipping? I'm grateful no one was injured.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

Once he's up to speed he'll be a decent asset. He already is a good asset.

On a completely off-topic note - I get irrationally wound up by how decent has now superseded good when describing quality.

Decent means "of an acceptable standard", whereas good is defined as "of a high standard".

Not picking on you @Sulberto21 - I just find it to be a bit of a "Soccer AM-ism" that has now become mainstream.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was legitimately worried about the pitch, did you see all the slipping? I'm grateful no one was injured.

Just before the CBs started taking goal kicks, Emi slipped as a cross was coming in.  I was glad that we won the header or it would've been a horrible way to concede.  I'm wondering if the slip exacerbated his groin injury too, though.

I can see that pitch causing a controversial goal before the season's out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

On a completely off-topic note - I get irrationally wound up by how decent has now superseded good when describing quality.

Decent means "of an acceptable standard", whereas good is defined as "of a high standard".

Not picking on you @Sulberto21 - I just find it to be a bit of a "Soccer AM-ism" that has now become mainstream.

Decent point that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Sorry I meant to say he's gonna be sick. Baaaaad player cuzzy. I'm surrounded by youths and plastic gangsters. Decent is the new sick? I mean bad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Just before the CBs started taking goal kicks, Emi slipped as a cross was coming in.  I was glad that we won the header or it would've been a horrible way to concede.  I'm wondering if the slip exacerbated his groin injury too, though.

I can see that pitch causing a controversial goal before the season's out.

I thought raphina caught him in the first half? Think it might have been in the first few minutes.

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

he's mercurial and erratic, silky smooth but like bambi on ice, a sneaky snake but a wobbly giraffe......what a guy ! :P

....at least three or four bits of skill in this vid are just mind blowing tbh!

Having watched that video, 6 goals for us so far this season and half of them with his right foot. Not bad for someone who can only use his left foot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Having watched that video, 6 goals for us so far this season and half of them with his right foot. Not bad for someone who can only use his left foot.

Transfermarkt has him down as having scored 10 out of his 78 career goals with his right foot fwiw. Guarantied to not be 100% correct that but he is very much left footed, and that's part of his style, good and bad.

His style of play will always make him a very frustration player to watch, but he also has skill and he can pull off some pretty amazing moves. Think he has been decent addition ;) or even a good one so far.

Like others before him Traore is still improving, finding his feet and learning the Villa philosophy. 

Like El Ghazi, Nakamba, Luiz, Konsa etc hopefully next season he will be settled and play even better.

5 goals in the PL is a good start, I think he should be taking our direct free-kicks too.

37 minutes ago, sne said:

Transfermarkt has him down as having scored 10 out of his 78 career goals with his right foot fwiw. Guarantied to not be 100% correct that but he is very much left footed, and that's part of his style, good and bad.

His style of play will always make him a very frustration player to watch, but he also has skill and he can pull off some pretty amazing moves. Think he has been decent addition ;) or even a good one so far.

He is very much left footed but I don't why this is a stick to beat him with. Where is the questioning of Grealish for his 3 left footed goals from 43 career goals (also Transfermarkt)?

I couldn't give a hoot which foot he uses because he's made us a better team and has enabled us to get more out of other players such as Grealish because he is also a threat meaning the opposition can't just focus on Grealish.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

He is very much left footed but I don't why this is a stick to beat him with. Where is the questioning of Grealish for his 3 left footed goals from 43 career goals (also Transfermarkt)?

I couldn't give a hoot which foot he uses because he's made us a better team and has enabled us to get more out of other players such as Grealish because he is also a threat meaning the opposition can't just focus on Grealish.

Just adding stats to your post about him "only" being left footed. Think we both agree he's very much left footed and that this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sne said:

Just adding stats to your post about him "only" being left footed. Think we both agree he's very much left footed and that this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Same with Hourihane down in the championship. When you have a foot that good why would you ever use the other one. 

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

Same with Hourihane down in the championship. When you have a foot that good why would you ever use the other one. 

Mentioned it loads of times but I think Arjen Robben is the obvious comparison with Traoré. Obviously Robben was on another level.

20 minutes ago, sne said:

Mentioned it loads of times but I think Arjen Robben is the obvious comparison with Traoré. Obviously Robben was on another level.

I think definite comparison in terms of one-footedness but I think they are both very different players. 

I thought when we were getting Traore that we were getting a very direct winger similar to Robben but he is almost like another wide playmaker like Grealish in that he tries through balls often and cuts in and switches the play. 

Anyway whatever kind of player he is I really like him!

1 minute ago, alexvilla4 said:

I think definite comparison in terms of one-footedness but I think they are both very different players. 

I thought when we were getting Traore that we were getting a very direct winger similar to Robben but he is almost like another wide playmaker like Grealish in that he tries through balls often and cuts in and switches the play. 

Anyway whatever kind of player he is I really like him!

Having watched him a fair number of times at Lyon he constantly tried to do the Arjen Robben special of cutting inside and trying to find the far corner with a shot. Fwiw he was pretty good at it but a bit too eager to do it.

Think he's been a nice addition so far but I'd still like us to go for another RW in the summer.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Having watched him a fair number of times at Lyon he constantly tried to do the Arjen Robben special of cutting inside and trying to find the far corner with a shot. Fwiw he was pretty good at it but a bit too eager to do it.

Think he's been a nice addition so far but I'd still like us to go for another RW in the summer.

I agree. I really have taken to him and he offers us something different.

I agree we should go after another attacking right player in the summer too to provide competition for him.

I think there are some good options out there to be had too, Saint-Maximin, Buendia etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I agree. I really have taken to him and he offers us something different.

I agree we should go after another attacking right player in the summer too to provide competition for him.

I think there are some good options out there to be had too, Saint-Maximin, Buendia etc.

My brother the barcode fan says Saint- Maximin is too injury prone otherwise he'd be at a top club. Those two at Lille Ikone and Bamba are the ones we should go all out for imo. I may have mentioned them once in passing. Lol.

• Like 1

Â