Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This one of his best attributes for me. El Ghazi and Trez just can't do this. 

they both also dont see the mistake from Cedric that gets us the goal, Traore football brain reads that and is onto the loose pass that Arsenal **** up with

Traore is unorthodox at times and it might cost us a game or 2 but he will win us more points than lose us

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This one of his best attributes for me. El Ghazi and Trez just can't do this. 

4 or 5 seconds after this touch, I dont think that either of Trez or El Ghazi commit the defender with the next touch, maybe El Ghazi might? But could see both just retaining possession rather than skipping round him. Also, then having the composure once by him to look up and pick out Watkins perfectly.

He seems to be doing well in the first half at villa park shooting at the north stand end. Palace he scores and hits the post in that half. Newcastle scored the screamer off the bar. Arsenal great assist and should have just tucked that one on one away instead of chipping it. Didnt play against west ham unfortunately.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

My favourite thing about Bert is that when he's wandering about the pitch, if you look closely you can actually see him thinking up the mad ideas about what he's going to try next.

Swallowed my drink the wrong way when reading this and am still coughing now, thanks!! 

• Like 1

At first I didn’t see how he fit into the team but after half a season you realize a lot of villa fans were confused because it’s been a while since we’ve had that unpredictable talent who can do the unexpected, most great teams have a few,. Well drilled players who will run all day for the team are great but you don’t get European football with 11 of them on the pitch.

Edited by AVFCDAN

I like him.

he is one of the few players who will be moving to his next task in the middle of his wondrous first touch....similar to Mahrez.

class.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

At first I didn’t see how he fit into the team but after half a season you realize a lot of villa fans were confused because it’s been a while since we’ve had that unpredictable talent who can do the unexpected, most great teams have a few,. Well drilled players who will run all day for the team are great but you don’t get European football with 11 of them on the pitch.

That first touch and ball out to McGinn ( all in one movement)against Arsenal was well......absolute class...The guy really does have something special....consistency is his only challenge.

On 08/02/2021 at 00:49, Keyblade said:

Wouldn't mind seeing him in the Barkley position against Brighton and Trez to get revenge on the right.

Filthiest first touch I've seen in ages. Not even Jack's is this good. 

His first touch really is something....whenever, I see him on the ball, something looks on.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 08/02/2021 at 00:49, Keyblade said:

Wouldn't mind seeing him in the Barkley position against Brighton and Trez to get revenge on the right.

Filthiest first touch I've seen in ages. Not even Jack's is this good. 

https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/bertrand-traore-aston-villa-incredible-first-touch-vs-manchester-city

Have to excuse the "commentary"... but yes... His first touch and ball control is probably the best at our club

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ_Villain said:

https://www.trollfootball.me/videos/view/bertrand-traore-aston-villa-incredible-first-touch-vs-manchester-city

Have to excuse the "commentary"... but yes... His first touch and ball control is probably the best at our club

Sounds like the average football twitter user :lol: 

The actual commentary I was watching for the game was going mad too. The commentator likened it to a circus trick. My brother was listening to the game in the background, and later he asked me "what the hell did Traore do, the commentator was going crazy". 

27 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Sounds like the average football twitter user :lol: 

The actual commentary I was watching for the game was going mad too. The commentator likened it to a circus trick. My brother was listening to the game in the background, and later he asked me "what the hell did Traore do, the commentator was going crazy". 

He has magic feet...

I'd agree that maybe he is a bit lazy in tracking back and defending... but his pure quality in his control of the ball is exquisite...

The goal against West Brom was just ice cold...

10 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

He has magic feet...

I'd agree that maybe he is a bit lazy in tracking back and defending... but his pure quality in his control of the ball is exquisite...

One of my favorite goals in recent years. Up there with McGinn's volley and Van Persie's header. Aesthetically, you could watch that angle from behind him over and over again.

22 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

He has magic feet...

I don't really get the he's lazy in tracking back and defending. Sure he's not as energetic as Trez but, and without having seen any numbers on this, I'd say he tracks back about as much as Grealish. I see Targett left to deal with one on ones as often as Cash to be honest.

You could say this about all players I guess, but Traore seems like the sort of fella (like Martinez) that will thrive even more with 40k singing his name. 

I can't fecking wait to get back to VP

Â