Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Bert should be first name on team sheet as he's more likely to score than Ollie. It shouldnt be that way but for some reason it is at the moment. I think Ollie is getting so bogged down with the donkey work he can't get the service he needs! 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

either on up front and watkins on the wing or...

El Ghazi --- Watkins --- Trez
------------- Traore ---------------
Sanson ----------- Luiz
Targett --- Mings -- Konsa --- Kesler
----------- Martinez

Not sure Trez deserves a start but his work rate would be welcome and Traore in the middle has to be better than Barkley.

To be honest, just add Ramsey to that rather than Trez. Davis instead of El Ghazi. Watkins has to play as a LW without Grealish. Play 3 midfielders which will find a way to free Traore. Other than that we’ll fail. We can’t depend on Trez offensively, and without Jack, it would be too much for Anwar to offer the offensive performances we’ve seen. 
We need players to control the ball and a mixture of holding up the play or being trick or even good at long balls. The answer is Davis. Ofcourse Watkins is better but I’d prefer Watkins to play at Grealish place which would give us another dimension rather than isolating him upfront. 
I’s be really disappointed to see Barkley starting at Leeds.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

To be honest, just add Ramsey to that rather than Trez. Davis instead of El Ghazi. Watkins has to play as a LW without Grealish. Play 3 midfielders which will find a way to free Traore. Other than that we’ll fail. We can’t depend on Trez offensively, and without Jack, it would be too much for Anwar to offer the offensive performances we’ve seen. 
We need players to control the ball and a mixture of holding up the play or being trick or even good at long balls. The answer is Davis. Ofcourse Watkins is better but I’d prefer Watkins to play at Grealish place which would give us another dimension rather than isolating him upfront. 
I’s be really disappointed to see Barkley starting at Leeds.

This is it for me.

It suits us to drop Barkley - start Ramsey.

We free up the burden on Ollie and try him out left for a few games.

We pull Davis in to play up front where it would give us a good few options of an attacking threat and allows Watkins and Traore to have more of an attack sense cutting in, with Ramsey feeding in the middle of the three behind Davis.

It still gives us options for us to bring on El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Sanson to replace Davis, Ramsey and Traore, thus moving Ollie back to the striker position for the remainder of games.

Wether we try such a change against Leeds maybe risky, but I wouldn't be against it happening if it did.

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

This is it for me.

It suits us to drop Barkley - start Ramsey.

We free up the burden on Ollie and try him out left for a few games.

We pull Davis in to play up front where it would give us a good few options of an attacking threat and allows Watkins and Traore to have more of an attack sense cutting in, with Ramsey feeding in the middle of the three behind Davis.

It still gives us options for us to bring on El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Sanson to replace Davis, Ramsey and Traore, thus moving Ollie back to the striker position for the remainder of games.

Wether we try such a change against Leeds maybe risky, but I wouldn't be against it happening if it did.

I love Watkins as our lone striker and think the only scenario where he shouldn't be there is this one, where our best player and playmaker who creates a lot of what Watkins scores from is out. If Watkins is the best option to replace what we lose from Jack, then maybe the team would, overall, be better served with him deeper.  Its a shame Davis is the only alternative to then go up front. 

Maybe move Traore to the forward position,  and use AEG or Trez to cover the wing position (depending on which side Watkins prefers to be), leaving Davis as the sub option.  

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

On 23/02/2021 at 20:59, VillanousOne said:

either on up front and watkins on the wing or...

El Ghazi --- Watkins --- Trez
------------- Traore ---------------
Sanson ----------- Luiz
Targett --- Mings -- Konsa --- Kesler
----------- Martinez

Not sure Trez deserves a start but his work rate would be welcome and Traore in the middle has to be better than Barkley.

You play Trez and Traore against leeds with either Ramsey or Sanson replacing barclay and a 433

25 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The West Brom goal is my fav. Could watch that rolling in all day 😍

It's probably the coolest goal I've seen in a while, simply because of how casual and easy he made it look. It's really a thing of beauty.

The Newcastle one is damn good too - a quality shot in off the crossbar with his week foot, hit first time, following a sumptuous first touch before the pass to Grealish.

Then there's the Bristol one, which is just simply fun to look at.

• Like 2

i realised in the Leicester how good his relationship with Cash is going forwards. Several times he cut back and looked for Cash to run outside him to realise Elmo is going to. He may have more work to do defensively but ultimately we bought him for goals and assists, hes delivering those. I only see that front 3 improving,

• Like 1

He’s such a talented lad, I can forgive his faults if the trade off is his ability to pull some outrageous skills out of the bag. Six goals already (three of them outstanding), and he will likely only get better this season and next. Football is all about entertainment, and Bert is an entertainer. 

• Like 1

On 24/02/2021 at 21:19, MaVilla said:

He scores some lovely goals with real style. Often seems to have more time and space than anyone around him. I love watching him play even if it is sometimes a bit of a rollercoaster, especially when he tries to defend. 😀

• Like 2

Â