Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, ramshackler said:

The criticism he gets is totally unwarranted..he works as hard as many others and miles more than Barkley. Also has a bit of quality. He isn't the problem

I was very underwhelmed by his signing but to be honest, I've been delighted with him and his increase in work rate and tracking back in his time here shows he has a good attitude.

Agree with this totally.

After the first maybe 6 or so games I was absolutely ranting about him, since then I think he's been quality. Did nothing wrong today in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, ramshackler said:

The criticism he gets is totally unwarranted..he works as hard as many others and miles more than Barkley. Also has a bit of quality. He isn't the problem

I was very underwhelmed by his signing but to be honest, I've been delighted with him and his increase in work rate and tracking back in his time here shows he has a good attitude.

It is - he worked more than anybody today in the team and got on the scoresheet. He's a good player. 

I thought he did well today, especially second half. He does sometimes seem a bit slow getting back, but perhaps it's due to the advanced positions he gets into when we do have the ball? He's picked first and foremost as an attacking option, and we are playing with 2 defensive midfielders in front of the back 4, maybe a bit more organisation of Luiz or Mcginn could mean one of them is helping out the full back?

• Like 2

5 goals in his last 12 league games.

Not sure how many assists but he's played a good part in many of the goals we've scored since December.

Not really sure what people expect when Trez is all heart but badly lacks composure infront of goal and with the final pass, Barkley hasn't done anything since he came back from injury and AEG had a run of 4-5 games and has reverted back to the incredibly frustrating player he is.

Who exactly is he being judged against? If every single attacking player we have is being compared to Grealish then that's too high a barometer for where we currently are as a club, last few weeks have shown we'll be well short of top 6 by end of the season.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Adam_ said:

Agree with this totally.

After the first maybe 6 or so games I was absolutely ranting about him, since then I think he's been quality. Did nothing wrong today in my eyes.

Yes took some time to understand and adapt to what was expected of him , he’s putting the effort in thats all you can ask. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Slow start today but excellent second half. 

I swear people are just desperate for shit players who get their head down and run around like a headless chicken. 

True, and when we lose a player of jack's creativity and quality, it is essential we maintain some cutting edge. It's quite clear to me that trez and el ghazi aren't good enough or creative anough so traore has to start. 

It shows the progressions from last season that el ghazi and trez are bench players... But it also shows how far we have to go.

27 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Yeah let's drop him.🙄

Never mind Barkley, Berty is the man we need to turn to now with the Grealish injury.

Drop him? Why stop there? He should be put on the next flight to Burkina Faso.

Some people are just mental. Especially after the club that they support have lost a game of football.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Drop him? Why stop there? He should be put on the next flight to Burkina Faso.

Some people are just mental. Especially after the club that they support have lost a game of football.

Yep. Absolutely no sense of where we've come from

Like the previous 10 years never happened and we never left the top half. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Absolute rubbish Tony, sorry. 

Your entitled to an opinion so no need to apologise 

But it would be more constructive if you told me what was wrong with my post / critic of how he suits the team balance . You think it’s coincidental that teams target that flank ? That other players have  to bollock him every game for not tracking back  , that Smith takes him off more of them than not because we are being over run in that area ?

the role Smith wants him to play doesn’t suit him IMO 

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I like him, plays very entertaining football, just lacks a bit of experience which will come I'm sure. 

What was Schmeichel doing kneeling on his legs and not getting up, out of order that was, very lucky there wasn't a bigger reaction.

There should have been a yellow for him. He tried getting up a few times. Absolute knob. Then he wants to start a fight.

Â