Emiliano Martínez

hippo

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

In this interview Emery mentions about Martinez going up for the corner. Doesn't seem happy with him and can totally understand it if it's something he has told him about...

wow he really goes to town on the players, style, tactics, expectations etc.

He also makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

All the time wasting does is put pressure on us at the end of a game and gives the other team more time to get back in shape.

Waste of time really, needs to learn to get the ball out quickly, but that's not one of his best attributes unfortunately. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

wow he really goes to town on the players, style, tactics, expectations etc.

He also makes perfect sense.

It’s quite the interview. I came out of VP feeling gutted but thinking they gave a good account of themselves on the whole. Unai clearly disgrees but maybe that’s what will finally drag us up a level, him being furious with being plucky losers.

• Like 3

this shithousing is all good fun till you see 6 minutes added on time on the board. 2/3 or 4 mins the opposition goes straight into panic mode. when you get to 5/6/7+ they're more relaxed, they can go through more patient build ups

and sooner or later he's going to get himself sent off. even on a booking today he was pushing it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

this shithousing is all good fun till you see 6 minutes added on time on the board. 2/3 or 4 mins the opposition goes straight into panic mode. when you get to 5/6/7+ they're more relaxed, they can go through more patient build ups

and sooner or later he's going to get himself sent off. even on a booking today he was pushing it.

Watched the game with my Dad and was saying when Emi caught the ball and went down “injured”, “why are we time wasting here? We’re at home, level with Arsenal with a few minutes remaining. 1 point does nothing for us - we should be pushing for 3”.

Emi killed the game every time the ball went to him. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Newry_Villan said:

I think he could have called to Mings to leave that cross before the weak header out. It was coming at him where he could have caught it. Poor communication from him.

Thought he could have done the same for Leicester’s second equaliser as well. Mings cleared a ball that Martinez could have taken comfortably. 

Edited by WHY

Being saying it for months. All he does is time waste even against shite sides when we aren't even winning or holding a 1-0 lead and all over them.

Should have been nipped in the bud a long long time again.

It was at a point today I was actually willing the ref to send him off. I don't pay x amount of money to watch someone take a minute to kick a ball.

What happened to the 6 second rule?

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, mattyvilla said:

Come on be honest who were urging emi forward , plenty around me were . We were going to lose the game at that point anyway if we didn't score from the corner.

Was no reason not to go up there, had nothing to lose. Got caught out from the break but whatever. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, PaulC said:

He is a very good keeper but I never thought he was very good at kicking. Less than 50% successful passes. Its a problem that he gives the ball back to the opposition too often and Emery needs to address that.

Just heard on a Villa podcast Emi Martinez's passing being discussed as one of our potential problems.

Today as an example he had more touches of the ball than any other Villa player and only found a Villa player with 46% of those passes - so more than 1 in every 2 passes have gone to the opposition and therefore that adds to the pressure back on us.

In contrast 9 other Arsenal players touched the ball more than Ramsdale and when Ramsdale did have it he was much more accurate (than Martinez) with it.

If we're going to want our goalkeeper to have the ball so much then he needs to be much better with it.

Really pissed off with Martinez today. His distribution was absolutely abysmal, and loads of his attempted pass outs went straight into touch. Secondly, why on earth would you start time-wasting and then get booked for it with the score at 2-2? How about trying to win the game?

• Like 2

Â